Visa Options For Longstay [Under 30, Funds From Abroad, Uk Citizen]

Scotsman
Posted
Posted

I certainly won't be getting married.

I'm young, free, and single and enjoy that.

jon1
Posted
Posted

there are lot's of things here that defy logic,

Such as:  When I go into the Dumaguete BI office for my bi monthly visa renewal they charge me 2830, which includes a 500 peso express fee.  Then they say:  Just leave it for a while, we will process it later.  Come back tomorrow and get your passport and receipt.   Wonder if anyone ever asks them if they now the meaning of 'express'

British definition of 'express': designated to be delivered without delay

I overheard a similar conversation a couple of years ago at the Olongapo BI. The NYer was being loud and rude. Complaining about why it was taking so long as he was paying an "Express fee". The BI agent told him to stop being rude or his visa was going to be denied and that he would have to go to Manila to get his Visa. In short, the "Express Fee" was for the convenience of not going to Manila. I believe like JGF, that it was to pay for the equipment upgrades that enable them to access the system from the Satellite offices. I have never had to wait more than 30 minutes for all of my documents.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I believe like JGF, that it was to pay for the equipment upgrades that enable them to access the system from the Satellite offices

Just to clarify this.  Every 2 months in 2008 when I went to BI in Mandaue to renew my visa I would tell them I did not want to 'express' my renewal.  I was always referred to the supervisor who explained that it would take 3 weeks while they sent my passport to Manila and then I would not be charged the express fee.  I accepted and saved 500 pesos each renewal.  I do not think they sent it to Manila, they just made life a little difficult to discourage people from doing this.  It was January of 2009 (or maybe Jan of 2010 I cannot remember) when they changed the policy and said everyone must pay the express fee.

I was not the only one doing this.  There were 4 of us who used to travel together and do it.  Unfortunately 2 of the other 4 are dead and I cannot remember who the 4th member of our group was so you will have to take my word for it  :morning1:

• Like 2

Scotsman
Posted
Posted

Famous last words...

I'm 30, free, single. location independent, and travel the world....why would I want to ruin that by getting married?

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
I'm 30, free, single. location independent, and travel the world....why would I want to ruin that by getting married?

Just being tongue-in-cheek mate  :thumbsup:

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Famous last words...

If you ask a High School student, they count 30 as old   :)

• Like 1

Scotsman
Posted
Posted

And if you ask a Fillipina what do they say? ;-)

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

And if you ask a Fillipina what do they say? ;-)

Cha Ching$....Kidding... :hystery:

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
 Unfortunately 2 of the other 4 are dead

Who would have thought the express fee would turn deadly.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2