Visa Options For Longstay [Under 30, Funds From Abroad, Uk Citizen]

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Hey ya SD man....left san diego and moved here my self 2 years ago. Long story short, is the airlines might not let you board the plane at LAX unless you show that you are planning on leaving the Philippines. (like a tourist :thumbsup: ). That's the first hurdle. After that, immigration might not let you in unless you show that you are planning on leaving. (even though you and they know you can extend). It might not make sense, but those are the rules,,,and THEY make the rules lololol.  I have made the trip many times, and have always had either a return or throw away ticket. I have only been asked once (at LAX) to show it. So its just up to you I guess,,,to quote Clint E. "Do you feel lucky?" :cheersty:

• Like 2

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

Went to Intermuros Monday to do my extension.  Told them I had changed address.  They said if I wanted a new ACR card now I would have to pay if not just wait till I need to renew it.  1 hour wait time for the passport total cost 2930php.  They've added 100php for the sticker.  In Intermuros I didn't have to provide character references as a tourist.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
My question is how are you supposed to provide a copy of a return ticket if you techincally can do Visa extentions for up to three years without leaving the country? You can't just buy a one way ticket into the PI?   Thanks!   Sandiegoman

You don't have to have a return ticket but an onward ticket which is usually called a throw away ticket. You just by a cheap ticket to anywhere out of the Philippines so you have a ticket to show.