Poverty And Some Effects Of It That We Do Not Perhaps Think About As Carefully As We Should.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
We are all curious and this forum provides many answers and thought provoking questions. In fact, I am still curious if the culture of poverty and its ramifications -- starvation leading to prostitution, drugs, homeless, etc, etc is unique to the Philippines. It would seem like other Asian countries (including India, Pakistan region) are in the same boat that needs to be drained constantly before it sinks. What makes the western world so different (but not necessarily better)??
Well. The Philippines and Thailand STARTED BECAME KNOWN for bar girls by American soldiers on leave. (In Thailand Pattaya was just a small village before Americans during Viet-Nam war had it as rest place.)

BUT I DON'T believe it's any biger difference in amounts of "sex girls" in other poor countries where there are customers enough for them.

Many of the Asian prostitutes are from OTHER poor Asian countries as e g Cambodia. I have HEARED, I haven't made research in place in bars   :)

The difference in western world is more alternatives to survive.

The Philippines have been messed up by colonizations, e g some main parts of the messed upPhilppine law, they got from Spain  (=Laws protecting the RICH instead of the WEAKER part   :bash: :th_unfair:

And big part of christian church try to PASSIFYING poor people    :bash:  (It was similar in Sweden back when Sweden were poor.) 

BUT in most cases Filipins have BETTER relations within families - when the father haven't left without contributing anything...

• Like 1