Fines And Penalties For Major Traffic Violations In The Philippines

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Has anyone mounted it on a tinted window? They have a separate mounting assembly that's pretty cheap and apparently mounts on the mirror. You can also remove it as needed. 

jpbago
Posted
Posted
I find it far less obtrusive mounted bottom right corner

Some places in the real world have laws about obstructed views so for me, behind the mirror works fine. The sucker mount is not very strong so I leave it in place and just remove the cam to view on my PC but you could just remove the memory card. The window trim snaps in place if you wanted to hide the wire.

It also can be used a motion sensor CCTV in your house.

As for tinted windows, mine has the factory tint in the glass at the top so I don't know if the add-on film would make a difference.

The only problem that I had was in sometimes getting the sucker to stick but now I have 2 suckers that I leave on.

RBM
Posted
Posted

I find it far less obtrusive mounted bottom right corner

Some places in the real world have laws about obstructed views so for me, behind the mirror works fine. The sucker mount is not very strong so I leave it in place and just remove the cam to view on my PC but you could just remove the memory card. The window trim snaps in place if you wanted to hide the wire.

It also can be used a motion sensor CCTV in your house.

As for tinted windows, mine has the factory tint in the glass at the top so I don't know if the add-on film would make a difference.

The only problem that I had was in sometimes getting the sucker to stick but now I have 2 suckers that I leave on.

Amazing we have the opposite problem on the CDRKing cheapie. The sucker sticks like glue, even after pressure released it's hard to remove.

Have tried different positions, defiantly best is far right near bottom, GPS just beside it. Does not in any way inhibit it drivers view.

At P1800 considering one for the rear also. Spoke to chap whom was hit in the rear in a parking mall, he was paying his fee. Later the chap that hit claimed the foreigner backed into him.....Crazy but true.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
The sucker sticks like glue, even after pressure released it's hard to remove.

Once we got the sucker to stick, then yes, it stuck like glue. In Ontario, we cannot have the GPS on the windshield. Here is a list of the states and provinces that allow it or not: http://www.poi-factory.com/node/34521

It might be OK but then when/if you do get in an accident, they may say that your vision was obscured.

• 4 weeks later...
Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

Below is very important information for those who drive in the Philippines.

All drivers should take the time to open the PDF file and read it.

You may even want to save it on your computer and/or print it.

DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION AND COMMUNICATIONS
JUN 02, 2014
JOINT ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 2014
SUBJECT: REVISED SCHEDULE OF FINES AND PENALTIES FOR VIOLATIONS OF LAWS, RULES AND
REGULATIONS GOVERNING LAND TRANSPORTATION.

http://www.dotc.gov.ph/images/stories/front/joint%20ao%20no.%202014-01.pdf

Edited by Americano

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I finally received the dash cam jpbago recommended back in post #25, but I got the non-battery type. Nice little device, could come in very handy during extortion negotiations. Thank you.

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

Hey Mike,

I was planning to order one of those from SPYTEC too but I have a question.  How were you able to make the payment?  The reason I ask is I ordered a transistor from DHgate on-line to fix a TV and haven't been able to make the payment.  My MasterCard wouldn't pay because even though the payment would be made in California the company is Chinese.  They don't trust the Chinese is what I was told.  Therefore I chose to pay by Western Union.  DHgate accepts payments by Western Union but only by Quick Pay which is with the Blue Form.  My wife went to a total of 12 Western Unions in Carcar but none of them could process a Quick Pay transaction.  They can only receive money and only a few could send money using the Green Form.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I bought it through Amazon and had it forwarded by my-shoppingbox.com. That's how I buy almost all the electronics. I'm waiting for a new laptop now, couldn't find what I wanted here. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Americano
Posted
Posted

I went to ACE Hardware which is in SM Mall in Cebu City.  I bought the only Early Warning Device that they sell.  Its actually 2 plastic triangles that are folded flat but are snapped together to from triangles.  They come in a cardboard box and cost P493.

I didn't check any other Hardware Stores to see if they sell them.

post-2065-0-37485800-1414606762_thumb.jp

post-2065-0-61926800-1414606845_thumb.jp

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Operating a passenger bus/trucks with cargo exceeding 160 kilograms

???!!!   Do I missunderstand this?      Isn't it ok to REPLACE passengers with additional cargo weight???

160 kg is ONLY 3-4 rice sacks... (depending of if they use new or traditional size).

E g some minivans are for 8 (?) persons   (although some car sellers say even the small ones can transport 13 Filipins   :hystery:

7 x 70 kg  = 490 kg...

Some such minivans are easy transformed from passengers to suit better for cargo. How do they count them, still only max 160 kg?

Not much use of it if only being allowed to transport 160 kg cargo... 

Unautorized motor vehicle modifications     5000 p

Aren't ALL Toyota Owner "Jeeps" that? ...   :mocking: