Fines And Penalties For Major Traffic Violations In The Philippines

Americano
Posted
Posted

Hi Thomas,

I think the max weight limit of people plus cargo is subject to interpretation and very rarely if ever enforced. I never saw anyone weighing vehicles in the Philippines or even any scales that could weigh them.  The unauthorized vehicle modification is referring to any modification made to the vehicle after it was initially registered with LTO.  For example when I registered my multicab I had to be sure they included the cover, canopy,  on my registration so no one could say later it was an unauthorized modification.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I think the max weight limit of people plus cargo and very rarely if ever enforced
Yes.  But as I understand the law text, they don't count people PLUS cargo, because if so the passenger weight would be exchangeable to cargo weight...

Do they count adding radio or lights as "modification" ?   Sweden is known for liking to regulate things, to much concerning some things, but even Sweden laws don't bother about modifications concerning music system and lights (as long as the lights are approved themselves.)

It's common the "Toyota Other MT jeeps" can look VERY different, so BEFORE I saw this law text, I thought I could just exchange any of them to having hardtop     :)

Americano
Posted
Posted

Thomas,

Adding a radio is not considered a modification. Most vehicles come with a radio or its optional so not a modification in the Philippines.   In one of the list of violations that I have read adding additional lights is a modification and therefore illegal.  This means that all of the jeepneys that you see with many lights on them are illegal but it also proves that the law is not enforced or its selectively enforced.  Its illegal to have an air horn but some vehicles have them too.

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thomas,

Adding a radio is not considered a modification. Most vehicles come with a radio or its optional so not a modification in the Philippines.   In one of the list of violations that I have read adding additional lights is a modification and therefore illegal.  This means that all of the jeepneys that you see with many lights on them are illegal but it also proves that the law is not enforced or its selectively enforced.  Its illegal to have an air horn but some vehicles have them too.

ok.

That remind me, around 20 age I mounted a big lorry type horn in my SMALL car. Many who didn't look in their mirrior enough, moved away fast when I used it close behind them   :hystery:

Edited by Thomas
  • Like 2

deevey
Posted
Posted (edited)

You can buy a dual dash cam (rotating cameras) for 4k locally here

This means that all of the jeepneys that you see with many lights on them are illegal but it also proves that the law is not enforced or its selectively enforced. 

Jeepneys and trikes can break the law all they want without concequence it appears.

Personally I'd prefer jeeps with a zillion lights all over them rather than the ones that fail to have Brake lights OR Headlights in the dead of night. 

How about the Flip Flop Law ... its P1000 for ..

f. Driving For Hire motor vehicle in slippers 

Also the list at the start of this topic not quite correct .. the Traffic Fines according to the LTO are here

Edited by deevey

Americano
Posted
Posted

I have noticed that when different departments issue a list of traffic violations and fines that they do not match so how do we know which one is correct?  Is this only a problem in the Philippines?