Is This Legal?

Alby
Posted
Posted

I think the Philippines 'businesses' grow much faster than its public creating a gap between the two.

The main problem lies with the public themselves as Scott h has alluded to it. They don't revolt!

To prove it, try to tell a Filipino public friend that his/her rights are being violated by another Filipino 'business' person. What would you get?

I bet you the public Filipino friend would side against you even though your intentions are good.

I come back to the level of corruptions this country has and how those 'elites' use different ways to coerce their public into following The Keep Quiet path!

Do you think the Church is out it? No! It's an accomplice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

It's all over Philippines by the way.

:unsure:

Is This Legal?  :rolleyes: of Course it is Alby, Did you Forget where we are.?

MikeB
Posted
Posted
You can't apply Western standards to the Philippines.

They should stamp that on every passport at port of entry.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure: OK now the serious bit. We just came back from Town, At the Bread Shop/Resto. The Owner Happened to be there, his Shop has this type of parking. I asked him about this, he told me, that when his Grand father originally Bought the Lot to Build the Shop, the Lot was to The Road Line. The then building Regulations, Stipulated the the building Line should be 4 metres  minimum from the road side This was to allow foot Passengers ( Pedestrians ) a Walkway ( Sidewalk) but of course They still owned the land to the road edge.

Over the Years with the onset of cars and other vehicles, parking became a problem So they started to use their own Land in front of the business for Parking. SO in essence, Yes it is Legal, They Own the Land.

Of course, any Decent Government would have made a compulsory Purchase, of this piece of Land and Made it a Proper Sidewalk. for Pedestrian safety

Now we get back to " Remember where we are Folks"   Safety of People Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm :no:

Got to get those Important cars parked.

JP :tiphat:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Got to get those Important cars parked.  

I often park a block or more away from where I want to be and walk the distance.  I am surprised that soooooooo many do not do that,

• Like 3

Alby
Posted
Posted

Ok. Let's assume he owned that land. But does that make it legal?

You see the way I see it is, why do people have a government? Who really owns the land hence, the country? Isn't it logical for things to be dedicated to the real owners first?

Now I am thinking. Isn't this what makes things cheaper and people like us come here ! :)

You might think such a problem is limited but it does reveal how the system 'works' and why other things don't function right but ... It's more fun in the Philippines ! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpbago
Posted
Posted
I often park a block or more away from where I want to be and walk the distance.

What does your g/f think of that? I do that all the time in Canada, well, not a block away but at least away from other cars that might even come later. I don't want to get my car scratched. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
What does your g/f think of that?

I am very, very fortunate to have a gf who enjoys walking as much as I do.  I have to bite my lip at some of the 'little princesses' I see who act like they are hard done by when 'their foreigner' makes them walk a block.

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Vendors belong on the sidewalk.  Pedestrians in the street.  Welcome to the Philippines  :tiphat:

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Posted Today, 01:24 PM Ok. Let's assume he owned that land. But does that make it legal? You see the way I see it is, why do people have a government? Who really owns the land hence, the country? Isn't it logical for things to be dedicated to the real owners first?

My curiosity has now been aroused. Enough for me to explore this Further, As it is a very Common thing here in the PI, many business owners could be affected if a dedication programme were Embarked on. To this End, Azon and I + the brat have booked a table at said Restaurant for dinner to explore Further, The owner has agreed to Join us for a while so we can ask Questions. lets see what transpires :unsure:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1