Is This Legal?

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

The problem is alot of doctors just Google the symptoms! I can do that and then search for the specific drug to treat that illness but you can't buy the antibiotics you would need over the counter, in the US at least.

I am way off topic. :)

Edited by robert k
  • Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Getting back on topic. From my observation I believe its probably illegal to park in an area where your vehicle is blocking the sidewalk but the law may not be enforced until the right person complains to the right person or office.  In other words, the Philippines has most of the same laws that Western countries have but law enforcement is selectively or randomly enforced, whichever word describes it the best.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

ad6b6c150360f588256d3668940feb20.jpg

Here is a business right on a main street displaying a sign (in blue) saying the side walk is reserved for parking? :)

It's all over Philippines by the way. No room at all for people to walk so they have no choice but walk with cars on the road :)

Accidents galore? You guessed it!

Mind you, this is a clear evidence that government don't care about it's people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually the painted yellow lines defining the parking space stop about a meter from the curb so the footpath/sidewalk is still available for pedestrians as long as the cars are short.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

sorry Jolly, you got it wrong,,the yellow lines end there so another car can park length way to block them in :hystery:

• Like 3

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

ad6b6c150360f588256d3668940feb20.jpg

Here is a business right on a main street displaying a sign (in blue) saying the side walk is reserved for parking? :)

It's all over Philippines by the way. No room at all for people to walk so they have no choice but walk with cars on the road :)

Accidents galore? You guessed it!

Mind you, this is a clear evidence that government don't care about it's people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually the painted yellow lines defining the parking space stop about a meter from the curb so the footpath/sidewalk is still available for pedestrians as long as the cars are short.  :rolleyes:

And so, boss, it seems you are promoting the fact that it's an easy walk  :dance: to your barber shop-as shown on the pic :mocking: (sign to be posted-no vans, SUV's)

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Pwede! Which literal translation is "able" or "can do" is more often used to say, "It will do, or it is OK", more along the lines of "it will do", which is quite a common attitude here.

It might not be "right" or "correct" it might not be "the way it should", but "it is good enough".

This can be frustrating, especially when I know, if pushed, it could be done properly.

Yes, when in Rome....., but sometimes it is very frustrating, ...... from a "Western" point of view.

Papa Carl

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Directly in front of our gym is a small attorneys office.

They pace a sign on the road in front, Strictly parking for clients of attorney .........only.

We once tested this and were requested to move the car, which we did, not wishing to get into a dispute over something so silly.