Age Difference Hypocrisy

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
Like wise I too have experienced both and was left with a 8 year old daughter to bring up when my late wife passed. I stayed single for11 years after.

Going on 3 here and no plans anywhere in the near future. Almost got into a relationship with a 24 year old girl here in Mexico but she turned out to be a selfish idiot.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Almost got into a relationship with a 24 year old girl here in Mexico but she turned out to be a selfish idiot.

:rolleyes: Well big EL you can put this on the Learning curve for here  :unsure:  Not all are like this of course but.......... you Will come across a few.

JP

• Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
 Well big EL you can put this on the Learning curve for here    Not all are like this of course but.......... you Will come across a few.

Already on my chalkboard. Thanks JP.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
chico2663
Posted
Posted

in the spanish culture; It is accepted that a man will marry a woman much younger than him.joe torre married a women from my parrish in cincinnati,ohio. My grandfather married a woman 28 years younger . He died just short of his 90th bday and she was with him for 34 years. My uncle has ranches and businesses in south america and is with a columbian woman that is 24 years younger than him. His children don't like it but it is his life. There was a movie in the 90's Revenge starring kevin costner. It was about something like this.

• Like 2

Chopper1050
Posted
Posted

There used to be a popular tv show in Mexico called 20 and 40. Can you guess what it meant?

Very popular show.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Ynot
Posted
Posted

I've always said 20 goes into 60 more times than 60 goes into 20!!  

That said there is no right or wrong in regard to the age gap issue.  We are shaped by our environment, its where we get our values and beliefs from.  So yeah when you are in Australia and there is an old dude and young lady, people (not all people) are going to judge you. But at the end of the day who cares, what is important is how you and the gf/wife feel about it, and I must admit I feel sorry for Alby, because not every relationship between a wrinkly and young one is a contract without love. 

Yes there are relationships based on caring without the love, but there are many relationships that also include love.  These age gap relationships are not soley limited to Asia but can be found all over the world as stated by Americano, but admittedly its not a common practice in Australia but it still happens. Recently there was a story about a young guy who was married to a lady who was 50 years his senior,if you were wondering the lady was not rich.  How could their relationship survive?  The answer was that they truely loved each other and did not care what others thought about their relationship because on the face of it, it was not the norm, the norm as defined by our environment.  

• Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

So, if YOU or I say it's hypocrisy, does that make it one?

Hypocrisy is the claim or pretense of holding beliefs, feelings, standards, qualities, opinions, behaviors, virtues, motivations, or other characteristics that one does not in actual fact hold.

So if one really believes in what one says, it does not make one a hypocrite.  Of course it does not make one right, either. One may truly believe that another person is wrong in their choice of partner, for any reason up to and including age difference, but that is just one's personal opinion which is often colored by the prejudices of their culture and personal morals.

Agreed but if one condemns one person (like us average Joes) for the age difference and at the same time says it's ok for another person (celebrities), that still falls under the definition you provided. Because the profess a belief with one person then fail to hold to that belief with another person.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Bottom line:  Who cares what others think?  (They're usually wrong a lot more than I am!)

:mocking:  :attention:  :dance:

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

The way I see it, when they start paying my bills and support me and my family, then they can tell me what to do. Until then, MYOB. FYI, Myrlita is 4 yrs older than me.

• Like 2