Age Difference Hypocrisy

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Those who worry about an "Age Difference" are hypocrites, don't you think?  Hmmm...  Married someone out of High School who's birthday was in June while mine was January...  Oh, my!  I was much older than she was, don't you think?  I should be ashamed of myself!!!  What a pervert!  

You NASTY NASTY NASTY perv! Kidding! LOL Love your sense of humor though bro!  :mocking:

My ex was actually 5 years younger and even that got me grief from some people who thought they knew better...  It's gonna be so much fun now with Av being 21 to my 56,,,  hehe!

Number one DAMN! Not for the age difference but you don't look 56. And now DAMN! Congrats!  :mocking:  You have to share some pics of this wonderful couple one day. As far as the age difference, forget the world.

Every single person I dated after my ex has been younger....  And everybody thinks I am younger than I am!  (Thanks, Just for Men!   :mocking: ) Even the 22 year old when I was 45...   :rolleyes:   We had met online and didn't ask about the "overly personal information" such as ages.  I ended up moving and working in her city after 9-11 and, next thing you know, we were moving in together.  It was a great family dinner when her mom told me she thought i was great for her daughter but she couldn't figure out how old I was... As I was stating my (ahem) young age, I watched my gf's jaw drop beside me...  She thought I was only in my late 20s or early 30s...   Turns out I was 6 months younger than her dad and several years older than her mother...  :mocking:  Yup!  Dad went and sat in the car - never spoke another word to me.  Mom just yelled at him.  And that was the beginning of the end of that relationship.  So now I always say my age up front.  The funny thing is that I can never tell somebody else's age either...  If she looks good?  That's good enough to start things out with!

As for my Avegel?  I didn't start out thinking of dating her!  She was just my penpal who I talked with - to find out more about the Philippines and how Filipinos thought.  It turned out that all the women I talked to from the dating sites were scammers and jammers and, after a very short time, I gave up on trying to meet anyone there.  But Av and I kept on writing back and forth.  She was from a single parent family (this was her dad's second family after he was widowed and then he passed away after several more children) and was trying to her hardest to find the money to get through Teacher's College (SpED).  As she was attending Cebu Normal University (with some of the lowest tuition rates in the Philippines), it was only a couple $ a term so I took over her payments and got her through her last couple years.  We broke up recently over a stupid misunderstanding (it was I who didn't understand!) but now we are together again!  And once we are together in person, we will see where things go and if life is as good together as it was long distance!

:attention:  

• Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
Every single person I dated after my ex has been younger....

Same happens to me man. I don't know why but I can't get a woman in her 30s or 40s if I try. Any way at the moment I am not looking. Info gathering for now just in case something happens in the future I don't want to be caught off guard. Making friends and purely for that purpose.

• Like 1

UnCheckedOther
Posted
Posted

Sorry for the typos, especially the et al part. Now back to DP work rather than procrastinating.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Very nice story UncheckedOther!  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Alby et all, perhaps it's TMI but I believe in transparency, so here goes: yes, I do believe in love.

My dad was much older than my mom, yes. Yes, he supported my mom's family financially. Yes, my dad's family did not like her. Yes, they tried to break them up and yes, they have insulted and called her gold digger to her face. Yes, some went out of her way to make her feel unwanted. I saw it as a kid, didn't understand it. But I also know my mom stayed and fought for my dad not just because she didn't want me to have a broken home life, but because she loved and still loves my dad. How do I know?

Dad passed away while mom and I went home briefly to sleep.

A decade on and guess what? This Filipina who wanted financial stability that a Kano could offer is still single, never even went on a date. I asked her why and jokingly tried to set her up with one of my professors who met her and found her beautiful. Her answer was no, because in her heart, she is still married to my dad. "My English is bad, so in the wedding, I did not say in sickness and in health, til death do us part. I say even if death do us part." My dad was her first and last--only!--everything. This, Alby, is how true women love. Not just Filipina, but women in general. So the question now is, is the man this type of woman loves deserve this kind of love?

--Leilani

Good morning Leilani, 

In case you haven't noticed about yourself, you have those same qualities as your mother.  An ode to your mother above

should be sung to her each and everyday.  Such an inspirational story of suffering in silence to that deep devotion for her

only love to your father.  Well done.....!

You should write a book girl!  Respectfully -- Kuya Jake

Edited by Jake
spil chek
  • Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted (edited)

Alby et all, perhaps it's TMI but I believe in transparency, so here goes: yes, I do believe in love.

My dad was much older than my mom, yes. Yes, he supported my mom's family financially. Yes, my dad's family did not like her. Yes, they tried to break them up and yes, they havebinsulted and called her gold digger to her face. Yes, some went out of her way to make her feel unwanted. I saw it as a kid, didn't understand it. But I also know my mom stayed and fought for my dad not just because she didn't want me to have a broken home life, but because she loved and still loves my dad. How do I know?

My mom's beautiful and kind and intelligent, and there have been numerous times when she could have left him for a richer, younger, more good-looking man. I personally know of at least two who pursued her for years. She justignored them. My dad had a stroke and was in the hospital for almost two years in a PVS. Guess wjo was at Pali Momi Hospital every single day, from when visiting hours started until they kicked her out? My mom, of course. She sang to him, talked to him, held his hand. She made sure that the nurses were on top of their game. Mom made sure that they turned my dad every two hours so that bed sores would not be a problem. And she learned how to clean his trach tube thing, his tube feeding, and his "outgoing" bags because she wanted him to be clean and not hungry. Mind you, this woman who cannot even stand the smell of onions and yhrows up at the mention of balut is changing dad's outgoing bags literally full of sh&t. As for money, well, even witj insurance thinga are expensive. It costs well over a million to stay in a hospital for almoat two yeara for aomeone with PVS. Even some of my dad's relatives were urging her to juat let my dad go because of the expenses. You know what this beautiful woman they called gold digger did? She sold her gold. She sold properties. She let go of the material things that made her life comfortable and the envy of other women because all she wanted was togrow old witj my dad. Dad promised her that once he retired, they would have breakfast together for the rest of their lives and mom was collecting on that. She brought the New York Times crosswrd puzzle every single day, reading it out loud and purposefully getting the wrong answers, hoping that my dad would get irritated enough to gwt out of PVS and come back to us. Dad passed away while mom and I went home briefly to sleep.

A decade on and guess what? This Filipina who wanted financial stability that a Kano cpuld offer is still single, never even went on a date. I asked her why and jokingly tried to set her up with one of my professors who met her and found her beautiful. Her answer was no, because in her heart, she is still married to my dad. "My English is bad, so in the wedding, I did not say in sickness and in health, til death do us part. I say even if death do us part." My dad waa her first and last--only!--everything. This, Alby, is how true women love. Not just Filipina, but womenbin general. So the question now is, is the man this type of woman loves deserve this kind of love?

--Leilani

Dear Leilani,

I generally try not to quote long posts like this in their entirety but in this even I really wanted to. Thanks for sharing your beautiful story and your beautiful mom with us. I hope that everyone finds a woman like her one day but I am guessing they have to be patient because they are not there every day.

As for you young lady, I think this forum loves you more and more every day. You seem to be the same type of beautiful person that your mother is and what ever man you allow into your life or what ever people you allow into your life are very very fortunate indeed. Thank you so much for gracing this forum with your thoughts and your presence. 

PS I am a medic and worked in a hospital so I know what your mom went through with your dad. I got paid to work there and I stayed very far away from colostomy bags and catheter bags if I could help it. Your mom obviously loved your dad to check on all that stuff for him.

Edited by El Negrito
  • Like 5

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Thank you, Leilani, for a beautiful example of what love truly is!  Too many people settle for good enough....  Too many people don't do anything to work on their love for their special partners in life!  I hope and pray that someday i may experience the love of a woman as wonderful as your mom and that I may be deserving of her love...

:AddEmoticons04230:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
El Negrito
Posted
Posted

I didn't want to start a new thread over this and couldn't find a similar post. But I just made a new friend on Facebook, absolutely the most beautiful Pinay I have ever seen, of model quality, 22 years old, and she says she has a Filipino suitor that is 40 years old and she seems very taken with him. Not a rich guy at all by any means either. So I think just a bit more proof the the fact they many times if not just in general seem to prefer older men.  :cheersty:

pokermike
Posted
Posted

My first marraige i was 18 my wife was 21, my second wife was 21 and i was 35 , my third wife was 23 and i was 45 , my forth wife was 26 and i was 62 and now i am 67 and my 5th wife is 20. I hope this is my last hand but , they all looked like winners to start. I know there is a patten here , no matter how old i get i like my women in their 20's. I think some women can love an older man because they know exactly what they are getting and are less likely to expect change in you. Two of my wifes were rich and did not care about my age and actually got me rolling in my life.

Two of my wifes worked for me after the divorces, one still does.

• Like 1