Age Difference Hypocrisy

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
Dave,   I believe your wife really loves you.  From everything you told us and described it could only be love.

Another believer here too Dave. Your story is very encouraging in my humble opinion.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thank you to my supporters  :tiphat:  and I have to admit the detractors have some valid points.

People change.  A young person goes through changes in their life much faster than an older person (in my opinion).  While aging from 59 to 69 a man is probably much less likely to 'fall out of love' than a lady who grows from 19 to 29 in the same time period.  I know and accept that.  I am willing to take the chance and pay more attention to nurturing this relationship than others may.

Bottom line is that I told this to my live in partner and we both agreed to continue the way we are going until she is 27 and sure that she really wants to be married to me.  That being said, I like JPs idea of eloping to some other country and coming back with a 13a  :thumbsup:

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3

Alby
Posted
Posted

Sure but then I spoke for 95% of cases when you, Dave, spoke for maybe a 2% of cases!

Let's say I am wrong ...

Would you then recommend moving to a land you don't know and to a culture you don't know and fall inlove, to anybody?

Note: never ever generalize a small % to justify a majority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Would you then recommend moving to a land you don't know and to a culture you don't know and fall inlove, to anybody? Note: never ever generalize a small % to justify a majority.

Thats a very good point.  I would say if you are a 'good catch' in the land you come from but are unhappy with the selection of partners then you are also a 'good catch' in some other cultures and lands.  I would say that I came here to make myself happy, not marry or fall in love with someone.  I would say that if you are a 'good catch' and you have 'made yourself happy' and then someone comes along and wants to fit into your life (and the feeling is mutual) then give it a shot.  There is a good chance you will be one of that minority.

So no, I would not recommend moving to a land you don't know and a culture you don't know for the express purpose of falling in love OR for the express purpose of starting a business.  I find way to many doing both of these and they are not the successful one.

• Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Sure but then I spoke for 95% of cases when you, Dave, spoke for maybe a 2% of cases!

Let's say I am wrong ...

Would you then recommend moving to a land you don't know and to a culture you don't know and fall inlove, to anybody?

Where do you come up with your stats? All evidence I see points the those stats being reversed and you trying to used a small percentage to argue against a majority. Dave's comments have seemed spot on with everything I have seen not just on this forums but that I have heard from several Pinay friends.

• Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
So no, I would not recommend moving to a land you don't know and a culture you don't know for the express purpose of falling in love OR for the express purpose of starting a business.  I find way to many doing both of these and they are not the successful one.

I agree, that is just stupid. But if you meet someone and fall in love moving is definitely an option. When I met my wife here in Mexico I fell in love and neither of us had any idea if she would move to Canada or I to Mexico. I decided she was more than worth it to move and have never looked back. Been here 8 and a half years. Know many here in the same situation.

Alby
Posted
Posted

Let's say I am wrong ...

Where do you come up with your stats? All evidence I see points the those stats being reversed and you trying to used a small percentage to argue against a majority. Dave's comments have seemed spot on with everything I have seen not just on this forums but that I have heard from several Pinay friends.

My stats came out of thin air so, dip in then let us know :)

We, humans mostly, try to justify what makes us feel comfortable. Coz otherwise, we'll feel scared, lonely, losers or whatever.

Face it and deal with facts and not illusions.

I know. Truth is ugly :)

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
My stats came out of thin air so, dip in then let us know We, humans mostly, try to justify what makes us feel comfortable. Coz otherwise, we'll feel scared, lonely, losers or whatever. Face it and deal with facts and not illusions

What the heck? So basing your stats on thin air is dealing with facts? I would quote a famous proverb but I am afraid that it would only heat this debate and I don't want that. Suffice to say your arguments lack logic, reason and your facts are fabricated. None of those is ever a good thing to base decisions or opinions on.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Face it and deal with facts and not illusions.

Facts, not opinions or illusions.  I was informed all my life that the 'appropriate' age to date was 1/2 my age plus 7.

Does that make it a fact?  I suggest it is just an illusion formed by the opinions of many people.  The same kind of people who had the opinion the world was flat many years back.

• Like 2

komments
Posted
Posted

... and some 50 year old people act 12.

That's me!  But there IS a MEME going around that says something to the effect of "If you aren't grown up by the time you are 50, you don't have to.  I told my wife, "I win!"

• Like 3