Age Difference Hypocrisy

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
So, if YOU or I say it's hypocrisy, does that make it one?

Hypocrisy is the claim or pretense of holding beliefs, feelings, standards, qualities, opinions, behaviors, virtues, motivations, or other characteristics that one does not in actual fact hold.

So if one really believes in what one says, it does not make one a hypocrite.  Of course it does not make one right, either. One may truly believe that another person is wrong in their choice of partner, for any reason up to and including age difference, but that is just one's personal opinion which is often colored by the prejudices of their culture and personal morals.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I class myself and just a ordinary bloke, but i am special because i have found my young beautiful wife, who like me thinks they are ordinary too,

i bet my life is better then many so called celebrities but just lacking the funds they may or may not have, be happy with what you have

• Like 2

Alby
Posted
Posted

... but that is just one's personal opinion which is often colored by the prejudices of their culture and personal morals.

You said it right Dave!

We all do what we think is right to us but that doesn't really makes it right does it?

It's all in the mind isn't it?

Humans can't change but society forces that change upon them for economical reasons.

Which brings me to say ... It's all numbers .. it's all economics hence there is no such a thing as love but to fool ourselves we think it is. We even convince ourselves it is. :)

In short, we will all do what we like regardless of what others say ... and this goes for both partners ... but that doesn't make it right does it? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
but that doesn't make it right does it?

That is an interesting question.

Is it wrong?  Is it illegal?  Is it unethical?  Does it cross your own moral or religious boundaries?

When those are all answered then I find my decisions to be right, for me.

Alby
Posted
Posted

Does that mean then that right or wrong are two relative things? In another word, neither matter? :)

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Does that mean then that right or wrong are two relative things? In another word, neither matter? :)

There is a song about:  Its all wrong but its alright.

Other than that I think of right and wrong as mutually exclusive.  Even 'grey areas' are right until proven wrong.

Alby
Posted
Posted

There is a song too by Dean Martin and I think Frank Sinatra too that sums it. It goes ...

"The world still the same and you will never change it. As sure as the stars shining above"...

Think of it, it's been like this ever since humans walked on earth and will stay that way :)

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Life is what you make it, if you are like me to have found a beautiful young lady that makes me happy in so many ways and are comfortable in your own skin, so be it, if you listen to all those that say THAT ISN'T RIGHT, it's not about anyone else, it's about you. If you go through life worrying what others think you are not living on your terms and I suppose that's what it's all about.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

As long as it is legal...what is right for me may not be right for you... everyone walks their own path.  :tiphat:

robert k
Posted
Posted

I am not an ordinary guy! I am fantastic! The thing is, everyone else is fantastic also, if they try, just not all in the same ways. :tiphat:

• Like 3