The Dream

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
If this is a club we gotta join to live in the warmer climate, I'm joining!!!

Bob, remember how horrible last winter was?  I am hearing that this coming one's not going to be any better.  I am jealous that you're finally making the move.  Me, well I guess I just have to be content with the four weeks we're visiting beginning mid-October.  Then it's back to the deep freeze again.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

If you come over here with a dream just remember it may have to be modified a little. You have have to bend a little like an oak tree in the wind or you will  break.

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Bob, remember how horrible last winter was?  I am hearing that this coming one's not going to be any better.  I am jealous that you're finally making the move.  Me, well I guess I just have to be content with the four weeks we're visiting beginning mid-October.  Then it's back to the deep freeze again.

It was so cold here last week, had to turn the fan off and put a sheet over me, need to buy some more shorts :hystery:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Bob, remember how horrible last winter was? I am hearing that this coming one's not going to be any better. I am jealous that you're finally making the move. Me, well I guess I just have to be content with the four weeks we're visiting beginning mid-October. Then it's back to the deep freeze again.

It was so cold here last week, had to turn the fan off and put a sheet over me, need to buy some more shorts :hystery:

Don't laugh too hard... today is the first day I'm not sleeping with just a sheet and the fan off... And I'm in Canada at the moment!

• Like 2

Alby
Posted
Posted

If you come over here with a dream just remember it may have to be modified a little. You have have to bend a little like an oak tree in the wind or you will break.

Hahaha... Just a little? Ops I forgot. It's a DREAM :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Hahaha... Just a little? Ops I forgot. It's a DREAM

knit.gif Anyone  Remember that Song from South Pacific " If  You Don't have a Dream,  If you don't have a Dream, How You gonna have a Dream Come true? "  sorry.gif it's been a long day! 

scooter.gif Time for a beer  :cheers:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

Alby
Posted
Posted

I am having my beer now :)

Yes. It's been a long day! I have been waiting on Globe to come and install my Internet.

They came alright for a survey and told me the nearest pole is over 250 meters away and the can't do it :)

So now, go PLDT which wants to bundle my net with landline service that I never use? And get this. I will be locked in for 1 year Internet but 2 years for landline :)

I am telling you. It's a DREAM :)

Note: This is in the center of Davao city and not in the boonies!

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

It certainly does pay to check out services before you decide to rent/buy/build a place. How is the broadband in your area Alby?

Alby
Posted
Posted

I did check and, on the phone, they said it's fine but on the grounds they said no :)

Broadband? Is there such a thing in Philis? It's Unlimited ... of nothing :)

I will see maybe today if PLDT delivers. No clue yet.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

They came alright for a survey and told me the nearest pole is over 250 meters away and the can't do it

Usually when they say that the next words are how much it's going to cost you to run the cable and that they have special cable available for immediate installation at a discount. Heard that from PLDT, Globe, and SkyCable. They steal the cable and sell it back to you. I'm surprised to hear it can't be done. Keep in mind the installers are contractors, you may want to call and get a 2nd opinion. 

• Like 1