Western Union-Never Again

brock
Posted
Posted

Nesa has my bank card and as long as she draws out good amount it works out cheaper.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I use world remit all the time now, and they even have promos half price fees too

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Nesa has my bank card and as long as she draws out good amount it works out cheaper.

Hi brock I know that Nesa has your card as I have just cloned it and tonight my friend the drinks in Dalaguete will be on you cheers. Joking of course.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I use Azimo they charge about 1% and I get a high exchange rate. No problems with them in 2 years.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

There are enough other countries out there that, when one decides to be idiots, it's easy to switch to a new one!

I have been using WorldRemit for a couple years now (I paid my Special Someone's tuition and boardinghouse while she was in school along with birthday presents, etc) and have always been happy with the service.  If using the pick-up service, not only is your money ready in just minutes from the time it is sent, but there are now several different companies and any of their locations you can have it sent to.  Or you can have it sent to a bank or even delivered to an address!  Costs vary on which service you select but it's still cheaper than Western Union or the banks in our home countries - or so I have found here in Canada.  After having used them for a bit, I have recently been notified that I can even send more in one day and more in a month than when first starting (Canada's money laundering attempt).  And, along with that, there are also the discounts in both sending cash and/or topping up loads.  And one last thing that sold me on this company...  Many others won't let you send money to yourself!  WR will!

Does it sound like I"m happy with this company?   :mocking:

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

There are enough other countries out there that, when one decides to be idiots, it's easy to switch to a new one!

I have been using WorldRemit for a couple years now (I paid my Special Someone's tuition and boardinghouse while she was in school along with birthday presents, etc) and have always been happy with the service.  If using the pick-up service, not only is your money ready in just minutes from the time it is sent, but there are now several different companies and any of their locations you can have it sent to.  Or you can have it sent to a bank or even delivered to an address!  Costs vary on which service you select but it's still cheaper than Western Union or the banks in our home countries - or so I have found here in Canada.  After having used them for a bit, I have recently been notified that I can even send more in one day and more in a month than when first starting (Canada's money laundering attempt).  And, along with that, there are also the discounts in both sending cash and/or topping up loads.  And one last thing that sold me on this company...  Many others won't let you send money to yourself!  WR will!

Does it sound like I"m happy with this company?   :mocking:

And one more thing - if you want to stop a payment, before it has been picked up (I once did) - if you phone them they will do so, at no charge. The refund takes a couple of days. They actually answer the phone. 

The speed with which money can be picked up is very impressive.

• Like 3

Markham
Posted
Posted
I think the fees for her to use my card there will be far higher.

Open an account with HSBC in Aus and give the missus a debit card for that account. No fees for withdrawals from HSBC's and China Bank's ATMs in Cebu and minimal fees for BPI. Avoid BDO though.

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hummmmmm .... interesting .....  use checked WordRemit but I can't find how to send money to myself from the US .... infact the US isn't even listed as a country you can use ..... am I reading this wrong????????

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Hummmmmm .... interesting .....  use checked WordRemit but I can't find how to send money to myself from the US .... infact the US isn't even listed as a country you can use ..... am I reading this wrong????????

WordRemit is only for texting. Try WorldRemit.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

WordRemit is only for texting. Try WorldRemit.

Sorry made a mistake in spelling I did go to WorldRemit ..... the US is not listed in any of their drop down lists as well as Philippines .... has anyone tried to send money to themselves or to someone else from the US while living here in the Philippines .....

• Like 1