Western Union-Never Again

Mike S
Posted
Posted
going to definately give them a try .... :thumbsup:

Well so much for that idea ..... seems you can only send money from 9 states as of right  :th_unfair:   now but you can send airtime from about all of them .... as my banking is done in Florida or NY it seems I am again SOL as those states are not set up to send funds from .... at least that is the way I read it from their website .... I signed up anyway for future reference ..... :1 (103):

:cheersty:

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Has anyone tried Direct Express government debit Master card program. If you recieve any government payments, SSD, VA whatever, it will be deposited directly to card. Then you can down load funds into bank account I believe. You can use wherever MasterCard is excepted. Draw from an Atm for free. Dont quote me but worth checking it out. Doesn't matter where you are, US or Phils.

robert k
Posted
Posted

I don't think you are going to draw from an ATM free in the Philippines unless it's from your Philippines bank account  using their ATM or unless you have a USAA account.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
At the moment I'm riled up and planning my revenge 

:no:  Seems my revenge is getting me in a spot of bother. When I was cheesed off with Western Union I bought a domain name and was going to set up a website so others with complaints could tell their story but I never got around to building the site however today I get notification from my DNS register that Western Union have made a complaint and breach of copyrights.

Seems they will do anything to make sure the public do not see complaints.

Hello Thomas,

I am writing to you regarding the domain westernunioncomplaints.com as we have received the complaint below regarding its registration. We require you to respond to ourselves regarding this within the next 5 days or we will have to deactivate the privacy service on this domain.

Original message :
Western Union Holdings, Inc.
12500 E. Belford Avenue, M21A2
Englewood, CO 80112

Re: Unauthorized Use of WESTERN UNION Registered Marks (Our reference no. ct622015)

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is a notification and request concerning the unauthorized use of the WESTERN UNION service marks in the westernunioncomplaints.com domain name for which you are listed as the registrant and administrative contact.

Western Union Holdings, Inc. ("Western Union") owns all intellectual property rights in the famous WESTERN UNION family of trademarks and service marks (the "WESTERN UNION Marks"), which include the words "WESTERN UNION", the initials "WU", the Western Union telegraph pole logo ( l l ), and/or the Western Union golden yellow and black trade dress, presented alone or in combination with one of the foregoing elements or with other wording or design features. The WESTERN UNION Marks, which have been in use in many instances since 1851, are famous throughout the world in connection with numerous and varied communication and financial services. Worldwide, Western Union owns registrations for more than 980 WESTERN UNION Marks and pending applications for more than 40 WESTERN UNION Marks. Through Western Union's long-standing use and promotion of the WESTERN UNION Marks in international commerce, the WESTERN UNION Marks have acquired substantial value and goodwill.

It has been brought to Western Union's attention that the westernunioncomplaints.com domain name is substantially similar to the WESTERN UNION word mark. Western Union is concerned that this unauthorized use of the WESTERN UNION Mark will confuse consumers as to whether Western Union somehow is associated with, or approves of, westernunioncomplaints.com and/or the activities conducted through westernunioncomplaints.com. Indeed, it is likely that Internet users seeking Western Union's web site will instead view the westernunioncomplaints.com site. Further, Western Union is especially concerned that such unauthorized use of the WESTERN UNION Marks may dilute their distinctiveness and goodwill.

Western Union understands that you may not previously have been aware that such use of the WESTERN UNION Mark is not authorized and that it may violate U.S. and international trademark law, as well as the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act ("ACPA"), the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy, and, most likely, your Service Agreement with your registrar. The fact that your domain name is not completely identical to the WESTERN UNION Mark does not insulate you from potential liability.

Accordingly, this letter is formal notification that Western Union cannot permit such unauthorized use of the WESTERN UNION Marks and a formal request that such use immediately cease. Specifically, Western Union demands that you immediately contact your domain name registrar to cancel the domain name and provide us with confirmation of the cancellation. Please be aware that selling westernunioncomplaints.com, or offering it for sale, also would violate ACPA and the UDRP. Failure to comply with this request may expose you to the risk of a civil action requesting an injunction, monetary damages, attorneys' fees, court costs, and any other relief allowed by law, or an arbitration under the UDRP.

In addition, please cease immediately all uses of the WESTERN UNION Marks and/or marks confusingly similar to the WESTERN UNION Marks, withdraw from publication and distribution any print, electronic, or other forms of promotional materials containing any form of the WESTERN UNION Marks and/or marks confusingly similar to the WESTERN UNION Marks (including uses in domain names, metatags, keywords for Internet search engines, postURL or forwarding commands, hyperlinks, or any other electronic coding), and refrain from further use of any form of the WESTERN UNION Marks and/or marks confusingly similar thereto.

We stress that the WESTERN UNION Marks include the words "WESTERN UNION" and/or the initials "WU" alone, the WESTERN UNION double-bar logo, and the distinctive WESTERN UNION golden yellow and black trade dress, as well as any words, logo, or designs confusingly similar thereto, and any variants, abbreviations or misspellings thereof.

We look forward to receiving your written response to our notification and request within ten (10) days. Please do not hesitate to contact us with your questions or concerns.

This letter does not prejudice Western Union's rights and remedies related to this matter, which hereby are expressly reserved.

Sincerely,

Western Union Holdings, Inc.
Intellectual Property Group
12500 E. Belford Avenue, M21A2
Englewood, Colorado USA
Fax: 720.332.0219

:th_unfair:

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Isn't there a new top level domain of ".sucks", so you could register westernunion.sucks ??

• Like 3