Why Members Don't Post?

Guardian
Posted
Posted

I have seen a lot of people sign on since I joined yet many do not post & I am wondering why since this seems like a friendly group here? anyone have any thoughts on this because I would like to see more questions that I do not think of & the answers

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Maybe they want to be anamnausss. SugarwareZ-007.gif

Mik
Posted
Posted

Desire for privacy?

chimellie
Posted
Posted

Just browsing, thanks.

• Like 1

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted

I'm a shy and humble person

• Like 1

parksb2
Posted
Posted

No idea -- time and lifestyle constraints.. Also sometimes privacy and exposure on the net can be an issue....

johnb
Posted
Posted (edited)
I have seen a lot of people sign on since I joined yet many do not post & I am wondering why since this seems like a friendly group here? anyone have any thoughts on this because I would like to see more questions that I do not think of & the answers
I also belong to several other forums and In the past I'd post fairly regularly "was even a moderator on one of them", but it now seems that flaming and attacking the poster is the order of the day, People just jump onto a thread simply to argue and pick holes with the poster with nothing to contribute to the thread. so generally I don't bother posting unless what I have to say appears "flame proof". I've lived here full time for quite some years and belonged to some of these forums before I even arrived, they all seem to be following this trait.One of the RP yahoo groups that I belong to has just become a bickering play ground between four of five members, another RP yahoo group is kinda controlled by two senior members [not even mods] who will jump on anyone who dare challenge their opinions, to be fare I haven't seen such behavior here on WTTP, It's not being thin skinned it simply behavior that's wrong, we all know that the kinda guys that flame would never have done so if the conversation was face to face, it's keyboard commando stuff, they appear to get there jollies from aggravating people. so to cut this long story short, I don't tend to post much on any site because I can do with out the Hassle. however if someone is asking for some specific information I will often PM them and by pass the public forum.John Edited by johnb
  • Like 1

Mik
Posted
Posted

Hi John. I used to belong to other forums, but when a forum becomes as you described I have to leave. I don't get my jollies from arguing or bickering. I would rather associate with civilized people. Some opinions I have posted are not mainstream so I don't expect agreement. I won't argue with people who have different ideas. I state my view in a respectful way and leave it at that. It's not polite to attack people or nitpick their spelling and grammar. You're right, who needs the stress.

• Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I also belong to several other forums and In the past I'd post fairly regularly "was even a moderator on one of them", but it now seems that flaming and attacking the poster is the order of the day, People just jump onto a thread simply to argue and pick holes with the poster with nothing to contribute to the thread. so generally I don't bother posting unless what I have to say appears "flame proof". I've lived here full time for quite some years and belonged to some of these forums before I even arrived, they all seem to be following this trait.One of the RP yahoo groups that I belong to has just become a bickering play ground between four of five members, another RP yahoo group is kinda controlled by two senior members [not even mods] who will jump on anyone who dare challenge their opinions, to be fare I haven't seen such behavior here on WTTP, It's not being thin skinned it simply behavior that's wrong, we all know that the kinda guys that flame would never have done so if the conversation was face to face, it's keyboard commando stuff, they appear to get there jollies from aggravating people. so to cut this long story short, I don't tend to post much on any site because I can do with out the Hassle. however if someone is asking for some specific information I will often PM them and by pass the public forum.John
Well John and Mike, I can fully understand and as you can probably see, I only try to post helpful info on other forums or put it only in my opinion. On here I do post too much IMO but I have been trying to get info out to members that I feel is important and useful, and once other post more, maybe I can kick back more. Also, I hope this forum never gets to be like those you described and I know that I will do my best to not allow it to happen, but just the same, we do need people like yourselves and others who are very knowledgeable about the Philippines and other things, to post whenever you and they feel comfortable. I do not think people can really do much attacking when all we post is info based on personal knowledge but there is alway one AH that will try, but as I said, hopefully never on here and I am pretty sure Tom Boss Man feels the same as I do and will do his best to prevent that type of behavior. I know that we have already deleted members who post in that style right off, or delete their posts before they become visible to other members. We hope this forum grows but without the trouble makers. :540:
  • Like 1

Warlord
Posted
Posted

Aghhh...THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION?What makes a member decide to particiapte and post.Many unknowns on this topic that has been pondered many times.Usually if a member feels as if they belong and decide to be a partaker its because they have become aquainted to other members and make what one may say is "Online Friends" And it helps that the forums over all topic is of great interest to them.But hey I feel ya as I wish many more members would take the time to post as its the members who make a forum one that is useful.SO hey members take a minute and make a post.Warlord

• Like 1