Why Members Don't Post?

Guardian
Posted
Posted
And for some of us that dont post much but do read alot here and on other sites just dont have much to say but like myself read them most every day. I have learned so much more by haveing thease sites to learn from than I could from just my wife, as we look at things from differant ways.
Is it really not having much to say or is it not being comfortable saying it? In my case it was always the later but after many long talks with Lee, or should I call him Mr. Lee for those who only know him on the forum, anywho :lol: I was no longer concerned that the mods or members would jump down my throat like I have seen some do on some other forums if members do not use the proper words or put them in the proper format and I also learned how to use the ABC spell checker to correct my spelling when I am having a bad day or before I have had my fifth cup of coffee, :lol: so now I am posting because I want to learn as mush as possible about how to make my dream of moving to the Philippines come true and the easiest way possible. The older I get the less patience I seem to have with trying to solve problems or with dealing with ah's so easy is good for me. :yes:
  • Like 1

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
And for some of us that dont post much but do read alot here and on other sites just dont have much to say but like myself read them most every day. I have learned so much more by haveing thease sites to learn from than I could from just my wife, as we look at things from differant ways.
Is it really not having much to say or is it not being comfortable saying it? In my case it was always the later but after many long talks with Lee, or should I call him Mr. Lee for those who only know him on the forum, anywho laugh.gif I was no longer concerned that the mods or members would jump down my throat like I have seen some do on some other forums if members do not use the proper words or put them in the proper format and I also learned how to use the ABC spell checker to correct my spelling when I am having a bad day or before I have had my fifth cup of coffee, laugh.gif so now I am posting because I want to learn as mush as possible about how to make my dream of moving to the Philippines come true and the easiest way possible. The older I get the less patience I seem to have with trying to solve problems or with dealing with ah's so easy is good for me. yes.gif
I have a lot to say but after my last blast of Elephant Jokes Mr. Lee got a restraining order. It expired today. SugarwareZ-011.gif OK just kidding. Sorry I haven't been around much I have been busier than a one legged man at a but kicking contest. I'll try to make it buy more often since I know you all value my opinion so highly. SugarwareZ-005.gif508.gif
  • Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Is it really not having much to say or is it not being comfortable saying it? In my case it was always the later but after many long talks with Lee, or should I call him Mr. Lee for those who only know him on the forum, anywho laugh.gif I was no longer concerned that the mods or members would jump down my throat like I have seen some do on some other forums if members do not use the proper words or put them in the proper format and I also learned how to use the ABC spell checker to correct my spelling when I am having a bad day or before I have had my fifth cup of coffee, laugh.gif so now I am posting because I want to learn as mush as possible about how to make my dream of moving to the Philippines come true and the easiest way possible. The older I get the less patience I seem to have with trying to solve problems or with dealing with ah's so easy is good for me. yes.gif
I have a lot to say but after my last blast of Elephant Jokes Mr. Lee got a restraining order. It expired today. SugarwareZ-011.gif OK just kidding. Sorry I haven't been around much I have been busier than a one legged man at a but kicking contest. I'll try to make it buy more often since I know you all value my opinion so highly. SugarwareZ-005.gif508.gif
Welcome back my friend, good to see you on. :lol: and yes, we do highly value your opinion. :lol:
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Adiene
Posted
Posted

hello.. sometimes it nice to read than to post.. but anyway,,maybe i dont know how to start the talking,, well, i like to read specially those important infos... you looks friendly and mr. lee, i like the way you both posting here.. im just new here sometimes i can only read and cant answer bcoz its not yet allowed, but i understand it too... well, looking forward to read more and have friends..tc and godblessAdiene

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
hello.. sometimes it nice to read than to post.. but anyway,,maybe i dont know how to start the talking,, well, i like to read specially those important infos... you looks friendly and mr. lee, i like the way you both posting here.. im just new here sometimes i can only read and cant answer bcoz its not yet allowed, but i understand it too... well, looking forward to read more and have friends..tc and godblessAdiene
HiYou can answer posts the same as anyone else as long as you are logged in. If you have any problems with using the forum please let us know and we will do our best to help.cheersty.gif

Adiene
Posted
Posted

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

paul
Posted
Posted

Here are the top reasons people have contacted me, regarding not posting on a given forum like this one, although there are many more:1. Too many personal attacks: It makes them gun shy to post, fearing they will be attacked after making a post.2. Not sure how to use the software: They tend to be shy to post because they aren't sure how to edit the post or use the software to correct a mistake.3. View the forum as a guest: They don't even register because it is too complicated for them, So, they view the forums only as a guest visitor.4. Yahoo (type) email lists are preferred: They would rather get an email, being able to reply to that rather than to go to a site and view the threads.There are other reasons I have received over the years. But, these tend to come up more often than the others.

Adiene
Posted
Posted

abw
Posted
Posted

Maybe people aren't posting or replying to posts so often, because they don't have easy access to all the latest posts? Perhaps there should be a Homepage "portal" showing all the latest discussions (in the same way as "another forum")? Just my 2 pesos. Personally, I use the "Today's Active Content" link, which can be accessed from the homepage to the right just below search.Meanwhile, how about having a look at my wonderful post located herebiggrin.gif And you're most welcome to make a commentyes.gifAndrew