What Are The Safe Questions To Ask A Filipina About Her Past.

Americano
Posted
Posted

Its very common for almost every Filipina to get pregnant with or without a boyfriend or husband. 

WOW! Americano that would be a Lot of Immaculate Conceptions, without a B/For Husband! (Think about it) :unsure:  :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:  :morning1:

Happy Sunday Morning All 

Jack,

I meant they may not have a bf or husband after they get pregnant.  For example, my wife's 15 year old sister only got to pretend that she was married for 2 months before she was kicked out of the house by her mother-in-law for being too poor and a lot of girls loose their virginity to a boy who pretends he likes her and then he's off to the next girl.  Some boys only want to see how many virgins they can have sex with so the girl could get pregnant but not even have a real boyfriend.

On the subject of asking questions. Its better to ask questions before you get married or even better before you get engaged than it is after marriage.  There could be things in her past that could change the way you feel about her or as someone said something in her past that would prevent her from getting a visa to travel to another country.  If you plan to take your fiancée to the USA and at her interview at the American Embassy in Manila if she admits to trying marijuana or any other illegal drug just one time then she will be barred from getting a US Visa for the rest of her life.  The interviewer may even pretend its no big deal to just try marijuana and may even say they tried it too just to get her to tell the truth.  I have read about several Filipinas who were denied visas like this and they are permanently barred so its best to learn everything about her now.  There's nothing wrong with asking her if she has ever been arrested, does she have a criminal record, has she used any illegal drugs, has she ever been a member of the NPA or a terrorist group.  Two of the requirements for her to get a US Visa is a NBI National Bureau of Investigation Clearance and a Police Clearance from every where she has lived since she was 16 years old.

• Like 2

rfhypnos
Posted
Posted

Hmmmm, wonder if that NBI has resources for clearing  a 17 year old woman who is sent to Italian convent as a novice nun? OMG! What a bag of worms this visa thing can become.   You really gotta love them to have the patience to get through it. 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I have the deepest respect and admiration for the fiancé I have in the Philippines, she has a 10 yr old son and I know some of he details about how she became pregnant.  And have also been given a lot of details about her past.  No bar girl work and many hard years of working in Manila with her son in Bohol with the grandparents.  What I am curious about and hopefully there will be some women answering this, are there topics to discuss and what questions would be insulting to a normal working Filipina?

Have you met this woman or her family?

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
Of course getting reliable information really is best obtained with living with her and being exposed to close friends and family. 

Very true. When you are living with her, you can tell by the way that her family and friends treat and respect her and vice versa. You will see if she does indeed have friends or how the neighbors look at her. I would not believe much in what she tells you.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
They asssume, wrongly, that other nations are much the same as their own in this regard,

They know very little about other countries. Geography and world history was not a subject in school. They think that Dubai is a country. They think that Canada and USA are one country called America and every white foreigner here is an American.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I met one about 10 years ago who thought England was a part of America (or vice versa). But she did manage to scam about $250 out of me so maybe she wasn't so dumb.

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

I met one about 10 years ago who thought England was a part of America (or vice versa). But she did manage to scam about $250 out of me so maybe she wasn't so dumb.

Never mistake education for intelligence or lack of the former for lack of the latter!

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted (edited)

Never mistake education for intelligence or lack of the former for lack of the latter!

An example of that are the beggars and pickpockets that travel from city to city on their main market days. 

Edited by jpbago
  • Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
They think that Dubai is a country. They think that Canada and USA are one country called America and every white foreigner here is an American.

You mean they are not?   :tiphat:

jpbago
Posted
Posted

They think that Dubai is a country. They think that Canada and USA are one country called America and every white foreigner here is an American.

You mean they are not?   :tiphat:

You have been here too long.