What Are The Safe Questions To Ask A Filipina About Her Past.

komments
Posted
Posted

I met one about 10 years ago who thought England was a part of America (or vice versa). But she did manage to scam about $250 out of me so maybe she wasn't so dumb.

It isn't? :crack-up:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I met one about 10 years ago who thought England was a part of America (or vice versa). But she did manage to scam about $250 out of me so maybe she wasn't so dumb.

It isn't? :crack-up:

:hystery: Not yet but give it time.  :dance:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2

palu
Posted
Posted

On the visa processing front - another word of caution.

Most Filipinos who are not really well educated consider bureaucracy as a soft of "black magic" in which anything can be either impossible or fixed with the aid of a "fixer".

They asssume, wrongly, that other nations are much the same as their own in this regard, I have seen people run up against British and American bureaucracy in relation to visas and be totally baffled when they find that it really cannot be "fixed". "Surely", they will ask "You must have a friend in the Embassy who will help?"

Well, actually, NO.

Beware, because this attitude can cost you a great deal of wasted money on visa fees.

Actually I think as many or more men are this way than Filipinas. I can't count how many girls I know who got all the way to the interview in Manila only to find out that the fiancé does not make enough money, or more likely, cannot prove (via tax returns) how much he makes; meaning he is self employed or cheats on his taxes :) I know several guys who got furious, blaming the government or USCIS, acting as if since they had a nice home and car it ought to be enough proof that they are rich kanos.

And maybe they were the lucky ones......