What Are The Safe Questions To Ask A Filipina About Her Past.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Never mistake education for intelligence or lack of the former for lack of the latter!

Well, she was "intelligent" enough to lie that her mother had been killed by her bf and she needed money to claim the body and give it a funeral. And I had gone back to the other side of the world and was dumb enough not to check the story out, which could have been easily done. This wasn't some "romantic fantasy", I considered her a friend and felt sorry for her. But that was a long time ago when I was a newbie. It was a lesson, no matter what we think we know there are things that only time can teach.

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted (edited)

Never mistake education for intelligence or lack of the former for lack of the latter!

But that was a long time ago when I was a newbie. It was a lesson, no matter what we think we know there are things that only time can teach.

I could not agree more, Mike. Experience and wisdom can help to discern the proper path we should have taken. My friends and family remind me of this quality as I am reminded that I have become quite the wise guy as I get older.

Edited by Hey Steve

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I meant they may not have a bf or husband after they get pregnant. 

Well of course I was Only being a little exact on your Post, Humorous even, I go with most things said here at this time but come on Guys and Gals, We are talking 60+ here, twice bitten. If some people do not know, how to meet and get to trust a new Lady. They need to talk to the Mirror. or send me a PM. Aunty Jack Springs to mind :mocking:  

JP :tiphat: :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

I like the saying "trust but verify"  Trust but don't take any action until you have verified that it is true.  Their are too many liars and scammers in the world to trust anyone who you do not know very well.  And, to know someone very well you need to live with them for a few years.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
We are talking 60+ here, twice bitten.

There should be a + sign after the twice as well.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

There should be a + sign after the twice as well.

agreed.gif   wtg.gif I have given myself 100 lines, as I failed to add this "+" booboo.gif Sorry!new.gif OK! OK! So I lie a Little.

JP :tiphat:

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

You could do it one for one. You tell her about your first wife then she will tell you about her first husband. Then you tell her about your second wife and so on and so on.

And by the time you get to the 6th wife, if your still talking, tell her how special she is.   :bash:  

As already suggested you must by now be the best judge of how to approach the subject, but surely she has already told you enough to make your own mind up where you go from here..

Edited by Kuya John

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

I met one about 10 years ago who thought England was a part of America (or vice versa). But she did manage to scam about $250 out of me so maybe she wasn't so dumb.

Herrrrrr right on brother..... ?

palu
Posted
Posted

Just be sure, despite what she says, that the father of her child is not too much in her heart. This you will probably only discover with time. 

• Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)

On the visa processing front - another word of caution.

Most Filipinos who are not really well educated consider bureaucracy as a soft of "black magic" in which anything can be either impossible or fixed with the aid of a "fixer".

They asssume, wrongly, that other nations are much the same as their own in this regard, I have seen people run up against British and American bureaucracy in relation to visas and be totally baffled when they find that it really cannot be "fixed". "Surely", they will ask "You must have a friend in the Embassy who will help?"

Well, actually, NO.

Beware, because this attitude can cost you a great deal of wasted money on visa fees.

Actually I think as many or more men are this way than Filipinas. I can't count how many girls I know who got all the way to the interview in Manila only to find out that the fiancé does not make enough money, or more likely, cannot prove (via tax returns) how much he makes; meaning he is self employed or cheats on his taxes :) I know several guys who got furious, blaming the government or USCIS, acting as if since they had a nice home and car it ought to be enough proof that they are rich kanos.

Edited by davewe
  • Like 1