Are Filipinas Hardhearted

palu
Posted
Posted

I have been finding this true recently and have begun to really question if the Philippines is a right fit for my move there. I would appreciate  opinions of those who live there.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Some filpinas may be hard hearted but my biggest problem right now is getting them to speak up so l can even hear them. It should not be hard to find one with a soft heart. Be careful though, the soft heart may not stop with you and if you give her money people with sob stories will have it in minutes.

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

In the case of my partner, soft hearted and hard headed, just like me. In fact, in the words of John Wayne in "The Shootist". "She reminds me of me!"  :)  

Now, I'd like to make a general observation. This applies to Filipinas from pretty much all walks of life except the daughters of the very comfortably off, whom you probably won't be meeting in large numbers:

This is a brutally poor country, massively over populated, in which the struggle for existence is just that - a struggle. The ONLY "safety net" is the family. People are much more interested in money, because money = survival. To some extent, we expect this amongst the poor, but we are shocked when we find the same tight fisted and grasping attitude amongst the middle classes. This we don't expect - we are shocked to see how badly they treat their servants, and so on. We need to remember thet they have not been in the middle class for long and they are terrified of falling back into poverty again, however unlikely that may seem.

Hope this helps. 

• Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have been finding this true recently and have begun to really question if the Philippines is a right fit for my move there. I would appreciate  opinions of those who live there.

Palu,

If you have questioned your own motives or reasons because of something that has happened, I would say put things on hold.

My Father very kindly reminded me, many years ago when my first marriage failed" Marry in haste repent at leisure"

I dont know how old you are but take time to re-access the situation. Hope this advice helps JB

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
have been finding this true recently and have begun to really question if the Philippines is a right fit for my move there

Depends what you are looking for.  If you find the local gals too hard headed to live with then just stay single.  Its still a good life and having a hard head ain't always so bad.  

• Like 5

Americano
Posted
Posted

Hi Palu,

Can you tell us what you mean by hardhearted?  If you are wondering if a Filipina can really care about you and love you the answer is yes but not every one you meet. I know some foreigners with a Filipina gf or wife who really love them but I also know some Filipinas who don't love the foreigners and are just with them for the money.

• Like 4

palu
Posted
Posted

I admit my sampling is small, just two Fillpina loves. One I married and quickly found out she was only there for money. The other I deeply loved and said she loved me over and over again. One day, she told me goodbye with no reasons given, no arguments or warnings whatsoever. So I am just wondering whether my luck is bad or indicative of the Fillpina  nature. I am just wondering whether a move in the future is wise for me.

Americano
Posted
Posted

I'm just like you I don't know what happened to the second one but chances are she found someone with more money than you. My first Filipina wife wanted a divorce so she could marry a rich man who she already knew so I let her go.  Here's a general statement about Filipinos which I believe is true.  To most Filipinos money and the things a lot of money can buy are more important than love.  Many Filipinas will leave someone to go after more money.  Why do you need love when you have money is their way of thinking.

• Like 1

palu
Posted
Posted

I'm just like you I don't know what happened to the second one but chances are she found someone with more money than you. My first Filipina wife wanted a divorce so she could marry a rich man who she already knew so I let her go.  Here's a general statement about Filipinos which I believe is true.  To most Filipinos money and the things a lot of money can buy are more important than love.  Many Filipinas will leave someone to go after more money.  Why do you need love when you have money is their way of thinking.

The baffling thing was she would not take money from me. This I would understand