Are Filipinas Hardhearted

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Throughout East  and Southeast Asia, people think that money will buy you everything that you need - and, let's face it, that is pretty much true.

The Philippines however has another ingredient - a culture, influenced by Spain and by the USA,, in which romantic love is prized very highly. Other nations in southeast Asia don't have this. 

A Filipina can just fall out of love with you if she finds you boring, although you tick all the other boxes, simply because she has fallen in love with somebody else - at which point all her friends will be telling her to "follow the beating of her heart". The excitement of a new love takes over - particularly if the new fellow is good looking, or young, or poor and deserving, or she can mother him, or any combination of those four.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
The baffling thing was she would not take money from me. This I would understand 

Its not always about the money.  The number of filipinas who have a boyfriend on the side may astound you.  I find they are exceptionally good at it, so good that most of us never know about the other guy.  The other guy is not always richer and not always a foreigner.  In fact it is quite often a filipino.  Its possible this happened in your case, or perhaps something totally different.  Listen to what the other filipinos say about her and somewhere in the gossip will be the truth.

But that's spilt milk now.  Whatever reason caused her to leave you need to decide what to do next.  I still suggest staying single as long as you can and enjoying what the ladies have to offer.

• Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

I agree with Dave.

The other guy  - the "sideline" is typically younger (often younger than her) much  poorer and a Filipino; this means that she can mother him, buy him clothes, dress him up nicely, take him to nice places and so on.  He is probably "macho" and "gwapo".

This (including spending your money on him) counts as being "wonderfully romantic", and is irresistible.

In my case my wife of a good many years took herself off with almost no notice; I was eventually able to piece together what had happened. Our two sons don't look like each other and the younger one is most definitely mine. In other words, the older one isn't, biologically, but he is in every other way and it's never bothered me. He is a very fine young man. The result of a "sideline" of course, years ago. It was obviously bothering her, though, and she seems to have concluded that the safest thing  for her to do, lest I should one day find out what I already knew, and do something dreadful, was to go on a dating site and find herself another bloke, whom she moved in with.         

The moral of this story is of course that the things that are pre-occupying your Filipina partner may be quite different from what you expect!

Edited by Methersgate

palu
Posted
Posted

I agree with Dave.

The other guy  - the "sideline" is typically younger (often younger than than her) much  poorer and a Filipino; this means that she can mother him, buy him clothes, dress him up nicely, take him to nice places and so on.  He is probably "macho" and "gwapo".

This (including spending your money on him) counts as being "wonderfully romantic", and is irresistible.

In my case my wife of a good many years took herself off with almost no notice; I was eventually able to piece together what had happened. Our two sons don't look like each other and the younger one is most definitely mine. In other words, the older one isn't, biologically, but he is in every other way and it's never bothered me. He is a very fine young man. The result of a "sideline" of course, years ago. It was obviously bothering her, though, and she seems to have concluded that the safest thing  for her to do, lest I should one day find out what I already knew, and do something dreadful, was to go on a dating site and find herself another bloke, whom she moved in with.         

WOW, you have been through a great deal. Makes you wonder why anyone would bother with filipinas.

• Like 1

palu
Posted
Posted

I admit I am somewhat late to the game with filipinas. Maybe I need to take a break from them and reassess after a time out. 

Methersgate
Posted
Posted
WOW, you have been through a great deal. Makes you wonder why anyone would bother with filipinas.

Well, looking back, it was all very educational and if I were to start again elsewhere I would have to learn everything from scratch! 

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Well, looking back, it was all very educational and if I were to start again elsewhere I would have to learn everything from scratch! 

I can agree with that.

When starting dating in Philippines, everything I learned from dating and relationships with Canadian girls all my life was pertinent and helpful but in many cases hindered me from learning the differences in how filipinas act as opposed to North American gals.

Any man who thinks they have any gals figured out is amusing to me, but at least fellows like Methersgate and I are ahead of the curve and not learning from scratch.  All of the bad news in relationship is just groundwork to find a better match.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

I admit my sampling is small, just two Fillpina loves. One I married and quickly found out she was only there for money. The other I deeply loved and said she loved me over and over again. One day, she told me goodbye with no reasons given, no arguments or warnings whatsoever. So I am just wondering whether my luck is bad or indicative of the Fillpina  nature. I am just wondering whether a move in the future is wise for me.

Plenty more fish in the sea.

Take your time the next lady does not have to be a Filipina anyway.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I admit I am somewhat late to the game with filipinas. Maybe I need to take a break from them and reassess after a time out. 

How well did you know the ladies and their family's before you got serious?

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

How well did you know the ladies and their family's before you got serious?

I certainly did not know the family of either of the two Filipinas whom I have been involved with before getting serious. Indeed unless one lives in the country and knows her family socially I don't really see how one can do otherwise.

In both cases I get on well with the families. (I am still in contact with my ex wife's family).

• Like 2