Exit Visa

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I would give them a call

I have asked 'them'  in person, many times.  The answer varies according to the day and the mood of 'Manila'.  It seems they now tell you to get the Exit Certificate at least a week in advance but not more than a month in advance.  Why?  Just to cover their own asses in case you miss your plane.  Everyone I know is able to get the ECC the same day as the flight but if there is a problem then you miss the plane, no refunds, no apologies.

At BI in Baguio I went 4 weeks before my flight to get an ECC. They told me to come back 1-2 weeks before my flight.

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

I would give them a call

I have asked 'them'  in person, many times.  The answer varies according to the day and the mood of 'Manila'.  It seems they now tell you to get the Exit Certificate at least a week in advance but not more than a month in advance.  Why?  Just to cover their own asses in case you miss your plane.  Everyone I know is able to get the ECC the same day as the flight but if there is a problem then you miss the plane, no refunds, no apologies.

At BI in Baguio I went 4 weeks before my flight to get an ECC. They told me to come back 1-2 weeks before my flight.

I went to Cebu BI 4 days before my flight, not knowing what to expect, I filled in the form and asked the girl at the counter when I could pick it up, she said pay the 500 pesos and wait about an hour and I can have it, took 45 minutes.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I understand that.  It shows the lack of conformity.  But I will bet you a beer that you can look on that ECC and see a validity date of 30 days from when you got it.

A foreign national may apply for an ECC at least 72 hours prior to his/her departure from the Philippines.

Does the ECC have validity? Will I be able to use this multiple times?

The ECC is valid for one (1) month from the date of issue, however, you may only use this once regardless of its validity.

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
I think the BI office in Mandaue is closed for renovation, not sure if it's reopened. They moved it to a shopping mall, forget which. I would call first.
They moved the BI office to J Mall in Mandaue. The office is on the second floor
  • Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I understand that.  It shows the lack of conformity.  But I will bet you a beer that you can look on that ECC and see a validity date of 30 days from when you got it.

Yes, it was valid for 30 days. The reason they gave was so that I would not have to get another ECC if my outbound flight got delayed for some reason.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Lou49
Posted
Posted

When I got my fingerprints taken in Mandaue they had nothing available to remove the ink from my fingers. Might be a good idea to bring your own wet wipes.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

When I got my fingerprints taken in Mandaue they had nothing available to remove the ink from my fingers. Might be a good idea to bring your own wet wipes.

I was glad I read that somewhere else before I went.  I brought some wet wipes with me.  And you know most of the civilized world uses electronic fingerprinting... for at least 10 years ha ha   :tiphat:

tiger31
Posted
Posted

I was glad I read that somewhere else before I went.  I brought some wet wipes with me.  And you know most of the civilized world uses electronic fingerprinting... for at least 10 years ha ha   :tiphat:

they are starting to use electric ones as I got mine done here in bacolod last week for this new alien registration scheme you cannot get your ECC now without filling this other form in even if your leaving the country and not coming back ,just more paperwork for them to play with .They never think about the amount of trees they got to chopped down to produce this extra paperwork.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

They never think about the amount of trees they got to chopped down to produce this extra paperwork.

They never THINK Period!

JP

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 2