Spousal Visa Problem

pokermike
Posted
Posted (edited)

JJ Reyes i would like to meet you when you come to Phoenix around the ninth. If you want you can park your RV in my driveway and crash in my house if you want to pull the beds out of the rv for a few days. The day before yesterday was my second anniverisary , yes married now two years, but still not together. My wife passed her interview, they took her paasport and told her she would be getting her two packets soon and now it has been two months. Seems like something always goes wrong. We filed two years ago, still not finished. If my wife is here by the ninth , i would like to possibly rent your motor home and show her some sites before we head back to the Philippines. She has to stay 6 months its a requirement. I will be waiting to hear from you.

Hopless yes you are correct , i now i cant make it on $1,000 per month , but sure hope i will make it on about $3,500. Whats going to get me is travel i always need to be doing something, but local travel there with me is fine and if a beach is near , long swims or maybe buy a jet ski, a good gym, then to jump to another island twice a month and then maybe some serious travel for a month back to the states and i will be fine. So if i can get my rent down to $800 a month or less i think i can pull this off. The only vice i really have is i am a exercise and adventure junkie, dont really drink much or smoke and currenly i am in good health. Still can knock out the Grand Canyon hike in one day , 27 miles takes me 11- 13 hours with breaks. My only other vice will be my wife she is 21 next week and i am 67.  Thanks Guys see you soon JJ 

Edited by MikeB
  • Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
My wife passed her interview, they took her paasport and told her she would be getting her two packets soon and now it has been two months. Seems like something always goes wrong. We filed two years ago, still not finished.

Call the US embassy in Manila. They should have your case on file and be able to tell you what the status is. You can also go online to I think it is ustraveldocs.gov, create an account, then check the status. I would call regardless, maybe embassy staff just need a poke to look at your case file.

After calling the US Embassy in Manila to verify all requirements were completed we received my wife's passport back with her visa in just 3 days via courier (2GO).

You need to get on this because the visa when issued expires six months from when your wife completed her medical at St. Luke's Extension Clinic.

FYI, From the time we filed our I-130 petition at the US Embassy in Manila until my wife received her CR-1 visa was only a bit over 3 months. The fiancee/spouse visa process is so much faster if you (the petitioner) have resided in the Philippines over 6 months so you can file your petition at

the US Embassy in Manila. From the time we decided to get a visa for my wife it only took 7 months, less than a year after we married.

• Like 1

pokermike
Posted
Posted

We have contacted them many times and said we need to wait its in process. i think something is wrong they took her passport on October 3. Now nothing has happened , they told my wife to quit calling the courier service will handle it from now on. We contacted the service many times have have nothing from the embassy on record. I have tried to call many times but they say they cant hear me.  I dont know what to do know.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
i think something is wrong they took her passport on October 3. Now nothing has happened ,  

Mike, Who took her Passport? 

JP

• Like 1

pokermike
Posted
Posted

The interviewer , they told her she did well. She filled out the address verification. They also gave her a letter telling her what to do if she gets hear and faces spousal abuse, it gives numbers where to call. They told her she would be getting two envelopes one she opens and one she must leave closed.  Now nothing has happened.

• Like 1

pokermike
Posted
Posted

My wife is very upset, crying a lot, her friends are getting their passports and envelopes a few days after their interviews,  but us nothing. The only time i got through to the embassy, before i got cut off they were very rude to me and said i was mistaken. They have records of her interview but thats all they said we just have to wait. They said it is processing.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I split the spousal visa issue into it's own topic.

• Like 1

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

Don't know if you tried calling them in Manila +63-301-2000 or from USA 1-888-877-9888.

(I think it's a $18 fee) Or e-mail IVManilaReplies@state.gov

Include case # & USCIS receipt # & Her Full name & Visa Category all in subject line.

Also, have you tried tracking her passport with 2go e-trace? See link below .

Hope she gets it soon

http://supplychain.2go.com.ph/customersupport/etrace/index.asp

• Like 1

pokermike
Posted
Posted

Just got through to them they said because we are married it is an immigrant visa and the averag time is about three months but could take longer. I was a little upset , asked the guy should i be concerned if it takes another two years and he said it is possible. That would be just great to wait for four years for approval, its been two so far. This sucks, wish i could just buy it. At this point i would come of $20,000 to end the headaches.  later Poker Mike thanks for your help guys , but they dont seem to care at all

• Like 1

pokermike
Posted
Posted

I also have sent a total of five emails , got one answer and that was more information on our case numbers etc , which is what i just sent them when i asked them for our case staus. i dont know what the hell they are doing dont even answer my emails.

• Like 1