Spousal Visa Problem

pokermike
Posted
Posted

Yes no passport , thats crazy for two months now. Now that my house is sold i am going there the first week or so in January and march in there nad demand the paasport because we want to visit her sister who loves in Chang Mai Thailand,  Then i am going to show then copies of the letters i have written to my congress men and my honorable discharge from the service . Plus point out that she is now 21 and you have no right to be the moral police. I have a lawyer friend who says this is weird situation and he might just file a law suit for kicks.                     later Poker Mike

pokermike
Posted
Posted

Sorry Pitman you guys are not idiots. I learned a lot here from all you guys. Already learning the meaning of frugal also. I was never dumb , but i am smarter since knowing you guys!  Thanks Poker Mike

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

4.Contact a IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY/ such as REEVES or Gurkfunkel? since it appears that you (want) Love your wife here and that you have MONEY then this should be the ONLY option,,  

You know, I am just thinking if a visit to the DFA might do some good, After all it is a Filipino Passport that is being held for what seems a no good reason at this Time, especially if PM's wife wanted to go meet here husband out of the country.

Just a thought.

JP :tiphat:

4.Contact a IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY/ such as REEVES or Gurkfunkel? since it appears that you (want) Love your wife here and that you have MONEY then this should be the ONLY option,,  

Oh boy this slow connection causes so many double entry problems aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edited by Jack Peterson

UnCheckedOther
Posted
Posted

PM, did you delete all your old e-mails? If you haven't, you can easily do a search. Type in your wife's e-mail address on the search bar and all your correspondence should come up.

All House e-mail addresses are formatted as follows: first name (dot) last name (at) mail (dot) house (dot) gov. Her last name is hyphenated, so it would be: ernestina (dot) borquez-smith (at) mail (dot) house (dot) gov.

Was your wife's interviewer an older woman, btw? There's a woman we fondly call Dragon Lady because she apparently strikes fear into interviewees and has a high "fail rate." She's nice enough to colleagues and friends, but is a little too enthusiastic in the vetting process.

Word of advice: approach the consular staff with a cool, rational head and please do NOT appear defensive or accusatory, especially with the age issue. That will raise a red flag faster than you can blink. Use theword "concerned" and bring up a benchmark. "My wife and I are concerned about the length of time it's taken for her visa to get approved. She and some of her friends have applied for an immigrant visa at roughly the same time, and they have already receivee theirs. Because they applier under similar conditions--both are wives of American citizens and were married in the Philippines--my wife and I were wondering why there seems to be a delay in our case. Are there any requirements that we need to submit or are there items that need to be updated?"

I'm not making excuses for the State department folks (who are kickass and nice, btw), but recent and not-so-recent policies and events have made the department busier than usual. Sadly, if State department folks receive letters that are mostly of the complain and blame variety, that will just relegate the letter to an intern who will likely write a form response. Contact your consular staff with the problem and a possible action. "My visa approval is taking longer than expected. Would you like me to re-send some documents in case one of them got lost in the mail? Would it be beneficial for me to send an updated document?"

As for the e-mail to Ernestina, I suggest that you write drafts first. Begin with a bullet list of the timeline of events/responses, then flesh them out. Aim for 2 bullet points per sentence. That should be the first paragraph. Second paragraph would be explicit requests for actions to be taken. "I am requesting that the office of the Honourable Congressman Schweikert contact the UCIS on my wife's and my behalf regarding the status of her visa application. " Something like that. Lovely government workin' folks need specific instructions. Maybe I'm just talking about myself, but dude, without specifics folks might get all creative with interpretation!

Sorry fot my patented novella responses. I really do hope your other half will get her visa soon!

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

U.S. EMBASSY (CONSULATE)

When the approved petition and background checks have been received by the U.S. Consulate having jurisdiction over the city in which the spouse is legally residing, the NVC will instruct the foreign spouse to undergo a medical exam at a clinic specified by the Consulate and to report for the visa interview on a specified date. If the foreign spouse passes the medical exam and the interview is successful, the CR1/IR1 spousal visa will normally be issued that day or the following day. There are many things that can delay or prevent the issuance of the CR1/IR1 visa. Listed in the order that they seem to occur:

1. Failure to convince the Consular Officer that a bona fide relationship exists between the couple
  2. Missing documents
  3. Incorrect documents
  4. Documents completed incorrectly
  5. Inadequate English skills of foreign spouse
  6. U.S. citizen cannot meet the minimum income requirement
  7. Large age difference between U.S. citizen and the foreign spouse

Came across this today, don't know if it will throw any light but check out items 1 & 7.

As I said in an earlier post, they may be testing your marriage. BAD but.............

JP

Edited by Jack Peterson

pokermike
Posted
Posted

Jack we have done everything on that list, the medical at St Luke's. i have a document that says we have met all the requiremnets and they need nothing else from us. Number 7 can be the only thing. If you are over 60 marrying a 20 year old it appears they will not approve.

pokermike
Posted
Posted

The interviewer told her she did great in her interview. She knows everything about me , we have been married two years.  The interview was done by a guy , but she said he was not to smart. It really bothered her when the guy asked her what was taking so long. The other thing that bothered her was they would ask the same questions in a different way. She said at one point that she felt like telling the guy maybe he should right down her answers because he kept asking the same ones and must be forgetting the answers. I am glad she did not do that,  i explained that they might try to trick her and be prepared. I know she did well she can handle pressure. Its got to be the age thing.  Thanks everyone

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

The interviewer told her she did great in her interview. The interview was done by a guy , but she said he was not to smart. It really bothered her when the guy asked her what was taking so long. The other thing that bothered her was they would ask the same questions in a different way.

I went to the interview with my wife and don't take this the wrong way but you should have too. She just turned 19 years old at the time so I was worried about the big age gap. We were interviewed by a British woman at the US embassy in Manila. We had a book with tons of pictures, but she only looked at a few. Just a few questions too. Had no problems being approved. Sometimes it all depends on the person you get. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in getting it all cleared up.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I think it will take a personal visit to clean this all up.

pokermike
Posted
Posted

I agree with the personal visit , my house just sold , so i am coming there by the middle of January , if she gets her visa any time in the first few months there , i will just get some traveling in like visiting her sister in Thailand then we can come back to the states for six months then i gho back again. That is my plan and to stay calm when i ma talking to the embassy personell. Evn if i am mad. Thanks for everyones help.   Poker Mike

JJ hope i see you next week