Spousal Visa Problem

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

They are not checking the status, they are just blowing you off. That usually means something bad is going on.

Whilst i am a Brit, I have been Following this story, I spoke to a friend of mine late yesterday, he had much the same problem 3 years ago.

he tells me that one of the big things now( According to a contact in the US Embassy) is Age Difference. Now I seem to remember that Mike, your Wife is only 21 and you are 67, If my memory serves me right here, this could be the reason you are on Admin hold [if that is what it is] BTW what does your Wifes parents think about all this? 

pokermike
Posted
Posted

My wifes parents and all her realtives have no problems with us. They think we are a little nuts always doing something , travel here travel there always on the move , but they can see she is happy. Loves to hike like me, gym rat like me, doesnt drink , doesnt smoke same here, loves the beach and water sports so many mutual interests. Age is weird but so far ok.

I think two adventure junkies have a special bond over others,  just my feeling. I mean we go to the airports with no reservations sometimes and then pick a city to fly too , by holding our hands over whoever turn is to pick. Then whatever place she, or i, point to is where we go. if they dont have a flight that day , we come back the next.

So her parents say i am the only one who has ever made her happy, because she wants to see the world and needs a good partner. We take turns taking different family members traveling with us on occasion to include them in our travels. They treat me well and have never asked to borrow a nickel in over two years now.

UnCheckedOther
Posted
Posted

I also have sent a total of five emails , got one answer and that was more information on our case numbers etc , which is what i just sent them when i asked them for our case staus. i dont know what the hell they are doing dont even answer my emails.

PokerMike, have you contacted John directly? He's in charge of immigrant visas. It's best if you contact them rather than your wife. Push comes to a shove, look up your congressional office's immigration liaison and have him or her contact the office on your behalf. 

UnCheckedOther
Posted
Posted

PokerMike, e-mail Ernestina Borquez-Smith from your congressman's office. If you haven't already, scan all the relevant documents and be ready to e-mail them if asked. For the initial e-mail, write down a detailed timeline (including actions plus responses). 

Do NOT use the contact form because interns will just read that and write form responses. E-mail Ernestina directly. 

Same with the consulate in Manila. E-mail the appropriate staff member directly because the general e-mail receives donkeys and donkeys of e-mails. 

A previous poster mentioned age gap possibly being a reason for the delay. As long as she was of age during your courtship/when you met, that should not be a problem.Just to be on the safe side, though, keep a record of your relationship/correspondence. 

Please keep us posted and let us know if you need anything.

• Like 3

pokermike
Posted
Posted

Thank you i will start doing everything you friends have suggested. Someone bought my house today so if my wife is n ot here by the end of the month i am going there and first thing right to embassy with copies of letters sent to the all the persons suggested. One other fact she is 21 next Thursda,y what right do they have to play moral police. UnCheckedOther wish you had Ernestines email address. I will follow you suggestion.

One problem i have have with my house being sold i have thrown away a lot of our old emails i printed out but have the last year or so. Plus i do have all the approval notices , we were approved at every level finaly and now they are screwing us around after the interview. They say we are in process now for two months after after a two year wait. Maybe they are tired from reading the five marraige certificates i have sent them and reviewing the three copies of my tax documents i sent them. The form 260 , i think its the support form, i sent them first copy i accidently put a one to close to the dollar sign and they asked me to fix the mistake on a new copy. i made $193,000 for the year and they thought it was $93,000 , so i had to send them a new copy with the same $193,000 on it.

They have been messing with me , i now finally now and i think you guys are right and need to get others involved. Thank you everyone

pokermike
Posted
Posted

Then they ask my wife whats taking so long , thats incredible. She was to afraid to say you guys are idiots.  poker Mike

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

Then they ask my wife whats taking so long , thats incredible. She was to afraid to say you guys are idiots.  poker Mike

1.I respect your post and opinion, you "say we are idiots"

We only offer our advice or suggestions from our point of view.

2.you asked for advice, suggestions regarding your situation, YOU have been given them.

this advice was FREE.

Now its up to you to what you will do with what was posted here.

3.Contacting your CONGRESSMAN is FREE.

here is something thats NOT BEEN posted yet,,

4.Contact a IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY/ such as REEVES or Gurkfunkel?

since it appears that you (want) Love your wife here and that you have MONEY

then this should be the ONLY option,,

We as people have different backgrounds.lifestyles >

I may see a glass HALF EMPTY yet another may see the same GLASS AS HALF FULL

5.consider the TEN MAN situation..

The Tenth Man

To avoid unwanted surprises like   war The Yom Kipper with Egypt and Syria in 1973, Israel had instituted a policy known as “the tenth man.”

It goes like this:

When nine people agree on something, it’s the tenth man’s responsibility to disagree no matter how improbable the idea.

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

One other fact she is 21 next Thursda,y what right do they have to play moral police.

One other fact she is 21 next Thursda,y what right do they have to play moral police.

Unfortunately Mike, They can, They do and seems They are. They may even be testing your Marriage :unsure: Who knows what some people think?

I guess all we can do is wish you well, You have been through a lot and no doubt, will go through a lot more yet.

The one thing that would totally Pi... me off here is the fact your Wife has no Passport at this time. She could not leave the PI to come meet you in HK or anywhere so that you can come in Together and claim your BB stamp.

JP

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
I respect your post and opinion, you "say we are idiots"  We only offer our advice or suggestions from our point of view.

:unsure:  I get the impression Pittman that that comment was Directed at the Embassy staff and not us members.

JP :thumbsup:

• Like 2

pokermike
Posted
Posted

No i meant my wife was afraid to tell the ebassy guys they were idiots not you guys,  i have learned a lot from you guys , sorry about that. She was mad at the interviewer when he asked her what is taking so long. She told me if was ok if she had asked for some else to interview her , she said she wanted to ask for somebody that wasnt so stupid.