Spousal Visa Problem

pokermike
Posted
Posted

Forgot to tell you a few details , we were married in Manilla , November 29, 2012 . i filed our forms December 7,2012 , we got our approval and CR-1 classification on December 10, 2013. Her interview on October 3, 2014

It was funny during her interview they asked her what took so long?

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

contact your LOCAL US congress man.. for the district you live.reside in

(where is your wife now/ in philippines or usa?)

• Like 1

pokermike
Posted
Posted

She is in the Philippines just waiting and getting the run around. To shwo you how bad it is they wanted a certified marriage certificate. When we got married i planned ahead and got six certified copies. We just used our last one, They made 5 requests for the marraige certificates. What a joke , what were they doing eating them?   Thanks for the help guys.  Mike

• Like 1

pokermike
Posted
Posted

Thank you Pittman i will try that.  Poker Mike

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

She is in the Philippines just waiting and getting the run around. To shwo you how bad it is they wanted a certified marriage certificate. When we got married i planned ahead and got six certified copies. We just used our last one, They made 5 requests for the marraige certificates. What a joke , what were they doing eating them?   Thanks for the help guys.  Mike

We had one additional document to provide after my wife passed the interview. After we got that document I had to contact the embassy so they would send us the information on how to send the document to them via 2go. i.e. There is a special courier process with 2go where the US Embassy generates a receipt that they email you to use so 2go will ship the document.

Are you sure the certified copy of your marriage certificate went to the correct place?

• Like 1

pokermike
Posted
Posted

The marraige cetificate was hand delivered to the Embassy and one more copy deliverd via the courier service you mention. We also filled out the document that produces the receipt that 2go uses. i also saved a copy of that form. I verified that and it was confirmed that they got the marraige certificate on October 8th five days after her interview , When they asked her what is taking so long?

Another interesting fact because of the Typhon that hit , they send me a letter that they were going to expidite my application that was a year and a long time ago. Isent them a copy of that letter twice but they said they can not find it or the fact that it was issued.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

1.contact your LOCAL US congress man.. for the district you live.reside in

Another interesting fact because of the Typhon that hit , they send me a letter that they were going to expidite my application that was a year and a long time ago

2.contact the local catholic charities legal office as they do immigration &other related work.

since I am not in scottsdale I cant provide that info,

3.  there is another forum that deals or discusses such issues(immigration etc etc)

perhaps that can offer more IN DEPTH assistance than this forum.

4. make a new letter or package of info & RESEND it MAIL IT TO THE ATTENTION  HEAD of AMERICAN CITIZENS  SERVICES . and describe your situation . mail 2 same letters,

ONE to the normal Philippine mailing address and the 2nd to the APO or DPO state address

5.  Pray

• Like 1

Dana
Posted
Posted

I'm sorry to hear your problems. I also had a friend who could not get his wife to the US. He ended up moving to the Philippines. I do not know how true this is but, he was told that there was to much age difference between him and his wife. He said they frown upon anything over 40 years. Like I said I do not know if this is true.

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

The marraige cetificate was hand delivered to the Embassy and one more copy deliverd via the courier service you mention. We also filled out the document that produces the receipt that 2go uses. i also saved a copy of that form. I verified that and it was confirmed that they got the marraige certificate on October 8th five days after her interview , When they asked her what is taking so long?

Another interesting fact because of the Typhon that hit , they send me a letter that they were going to expidite my application that was a year and a long time ago. Isent them a copy of that letter twice but they said they can not find it or the fact that it was issued.

Sounds like you have covered all the bases. Hope things work out for you and your wife.

• Like 1

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

Pokermike, I think it is time to get your congressman involved. When I did that, I got information within a week. The fact that they are not talking to you is alarming. They are not checking the status, they are just blowing you off. That usually means something bad is going on. Most congressmen have somebody that handles just this kind of situation.

• Like 2