What Would You Do Different?

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

Hey All, things are starting to come together for us here and we're getting close to making the permanent move to the PI (Probably within 6 months). Anyway, for those of you who've been there, done that. What would do different? I'm talking about before you made the move. What would you do that you didn't do? What would you NOT do that you did do? What would you bring that you didn't bring? What would you not bring that you did? And so on and so on. I think you get my meaning. Soooo what would you do different?

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

For me Ron it was I didn't get my 13 series visa. If you wife is a Philippine citizen and you live close to an embassy in the states it would probably be easier to get it there. 

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

You can PREPARE some BB boxes, which some relative/friend can keep until you know IF you will want it/some/all send to you.

(I will prepare 1 - 2. Less important things I will bring step by step, when I will travel to visit my family and friends in my home country. I suppouse I will want to do that once a year at least as long as my parents are alive. Later I suppouse it will be less and less often, I hope I have moved all then   :mocking:    

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think Jon really nailed it.  The only change I would suggest is a 12 month supply of meds instead of 6.  Also bring two credit cards, but  NEVER carry more than one when you get here.

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 5

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I think Jon really nailed it.  The only change I would suggest is a 12 month supply of meds instead of 6.  Also bring two credit cards, but  NEVER carry more than one when you get here.

There is a maximum rule in the custom concerning need for maximum X* months.  

*I don't remember how many months   :)   

• Like 3