Did Globe Go Static

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Just wondering as when I logged in on the 9th my IP was ...... 180.191.112.16

When I logged back in on the morning of the 10th it was ...... 180.191.114.92

On the 13th it was ...... 180.191.114.18

And today it was again ..... 180.191.114.18 after my computer was off for 16 hours .....

Used to be that all I had to do was shut down my computer for 10 to 20 mins. and I got a new IP address ....

Anyone know what gives .... I don't like a Static IP address ..... :unsure:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

And today it was again ..... 180.191.114.18 after my computer was off for 16 hours .....

Used to be that all I had to do was shut down my computer for 10 to 20 mins. and I got a new IP address ....

Your so hard to please  :bash:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Anyone know what gives .... I don't like a Static IP address

post-2148-0-62269400-1421227017.pnghmm Mike, my mind is working overtime here. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
I don't like a Static IP address

I am not that computer smart . Can someone explain what Mike S is talking about?,,

I am getting a eye bleed :bash:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

An IP address is how you computer is identified via the internet.  Your internet provider will operate one of two ways.  They will either issue you a "fixed" IP address that does not change, or they will issue you a new and temporary IP address each time they show you attaching via login and/or restart your computer.  A fixed IP address makes it a little easier for nefarious individuals to find you, track your internet movements, and hack your system.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I don't like a Static IP address

I am not that computer smart . Can someone explain what Mike S is talking about?,,

I am getting a eye bleed :bash:

Go here, look to your right and it will tell you your IP, http://www.ipaddressden.com/

• Like 2

Markham
Posted
Posted

Relax! You don't have a static IP address, you have a dynamic one as it keeps changing. All the IP Addresses between and including 180.191.64.0 to 180.191.127.255 are registered to Globe Telecom and used for their DSL (wired) service. The reason it keeps changing is that each time you log-in, or rather your modem does, it is allocated an IP Address from a pool of addresses.

• Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Demends on what they have their lease time set at to as well.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well to day after my computer was down from 6:00pm last till 6:30 pm just now and my IP address changed from 180.191.114.6 ..... in the 6 years I've been using Globe I have never had IP address this closely related with only the last 3 digits changing ..... here are some examples I recorded sometime back ...... and as you can see none of them come close to what they are giving me now ..... in the past few weeks I've had IP address starting with as high as 208 and as low as 120 ..... so not sure just what gives .... but I can't help but believe that I'm being kept in this selection for a reason ..... but maybe I'm just being paranoid ...... :rolleyes:

post-11-0-95118500-1421318944_thumb.jpg ....... post-11-0-36913900-1421318967_thumb.jpg

I think tonight I'm going to unplug my Globe box for the whole night and see what I get ..... just a taking a shot in the dark ..... :thumbsup:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Mike, I've had the same 222.x.x.x address since sometime yesterday and I've rebooted several times and disconnected/reconnected from within the modem interface. Unusual. They probably made some change that caused this but the addresses are definitely not static - unless you requested and paid extra for it. I wouldn't be concerned.

• Like 2