Id For Domestic Flight From Davao To Manila

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys.

My passport is being renewed and is now at the Embassy in Manila (Should have it back in 2 or 3 weeks, at least that's what they said.) I have always used my passport as ID when flying domestically in the Philippines. However, as I dont have it with me now, cant do that. My question is will PAL or CP allow foreigners to fly with just an ACR, Philippines Drivers License or other ID? Need to go to Manila for a few days this week, and dont want to run into hassles at the airport. Thanks in advance.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes.  At least I know it was fine for me with just Philippine drivers license and ACR card because my passport used to sit in my agents safe all the time and I never had it with me unless traveling out of the country

Edit:  To be precise, my experiences have been with Philippine Air Express and Cebu Pacific between Mactan, Tacloban, and Clark so not Davao to Manila but I cannot think of a reason why that route would be different

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
fly with just an ACR, Philippines Drivers License or other ID

I have taken 3 girls with just a school ID and our granny with a Senior Citizen ID on domestic flights so you should be fine.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Twice I have been Dum to Man with only My UK  ID's. As long as it is a Government Issued ID with a Photo it should be OK, I mean not all Tourists have Philippine ID's. and /Or Drivers Licence. I have even used a Laminated  Photocopy of My Passport BIO page and Latest Extension. I do this so I don't have to Carry my Passport around all the Time, Works for me.

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

thanks guys. i once heard that someone from Davao immigration at the airport demanded to see someone's passport for a domestic flight, that's why i was asking.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

thanks guys. i once heard that someone from Davao immigration at the airport demanded to see someone's passport for a domestic flight, that's why i was asking.

I can understand this, The  Best ID a Foreigner would have is a Passport, on the Other hand, they may have been doing a Spot check on Visa Status of Foreigners, Sometimes they do get of their backsides and do the job they are paid for  :lol:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Yeah well, I think Jack did answer that. The officer might have thought the passport was the easiest way to confirm ID, but is in no way required. Can't actually think of why Davao immigration officer would be at the airport and it might have been just a story.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I get asked for my passport when checking in to a hotel but they accept an expired ACR card as ID.

Markham
Posted
Posted
Can't actually think of why Davao immigration officer would be at the airport and it might have been just a story.

Davao has a daily flight to Singapore and, reportedly, Dragonair is to commence a service to Hong Kong.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Ah, yes, the Davao International Airport... Officially named the Francisco Bangoy International Airport! I would assume there would be BI personnel wandering around somewhere in the building!

:D (Don't worry folks, Bob's just in one of his silly moods today!)