Enjoying Your Life

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

At least you get to double your SS if you're retired and have a kid.

Not if your from the UK

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Wow.. at 62??!! I feel exhausted just thinking about it. But there are financial advantages of being an old daddy.

Not for Brits

• Like 2

jon1
Posted
Posted

Personally I do not think that it is fair to a child to have a parent who will be 80 (if they make it to 80) when they turn 18. 

I already have 2 kids in the US and do not need anymore. This was a huge topic of discussion with my wife prior to marriage and we won't be having kids. Local mores pressure women to have a child to fully validate their marriage. I am not a local and do not feel that pressure. However, sometimes the wife does but is quickly reminded when dealing with other's unruly kids and is thankful for the peace when she gets home. 

• Like 4

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Have a friend returning to the states with wife #4, one mother of children 2 dead 3  from Fil divorced because he can father no more children.  They are still on good terms though.  New wife 20 something says does not need kids.   3 said same but now 30 something and hearing the tic toc.  Me, Fe was over 50 when I married her 8 years younger than myself but hey I try to practice, practice, practice. She's not 60 yet probably need to find number 3 when she hits 75 or so, I apparently need lots of practice....I will shoulder the burden a muck along.   

T

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

If you are already in your 60's, chances are you won't see your son or daughter graduate from college. Better make sure you have sufficient assets to leave behind for your spouse because she needs money to pay the bills until graduation.

In Phils MANY with University/College exams DON'T get employment anyway, many end up having to become OFWs  :boohoo:

So IF my kids become clever enough  :)    I think it's better they do as I did 

=Don't bother about high EXAMS,

do SELF STUDIES to get the needed KNOWLEDGE

to handle OWN business.

IF I manage to build a profitable business in Phils too, and teach my wife to handle it OK if I die "to early", then they will have BOTH:

MONEY

and JOBS for the kids in the FAMILY BUSINESS.

If any of the kids don't want to work in the family business - perhaps they want to decide themselves   :mocking:   - I have some "reserve" business ideas anyway, which they can use if they want to. Although I suppouse my researches will need some updating then  :) (but I believe SOME basic things in Phils are so slow at changing, so some will be very similar 20-25 years from now, just need to update values.)

• Like 1

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

I am at the age where (personally) I don't want any more (have 2 in the US).My wife and I (her in her 40's and me in my 50's) definitely don't see kids in our future (snipped anyway). I searched for a woman at an age that this would not be an issue down the road. BUT, still, her family is still asking when the little Kano/Phil baby will come. We change the subject-lol.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Seems great minds think alike about bringing children into this worlld but hey each to there own, when myself and Ems got together we talked and yes it would have been nice to have a child , but i married Ems for her not to make children but to have a great life together doing what we both may want to do,

Ems does not have children herself and when we meet she was in her thirties too, so now she will be 40 this year, has a good job she has saving and has help her father build a house that will see him out his life, maybe in the future there may be times when she looks back and think if only but i can be her big kid and i know deep down Ems will be a great auntie to who ever comes along

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

To this day, Myrlita & I are always asked when are we gonna have a baby! Are you serious? Yes they are! In this culture, it is a shameful thing if a married couple don't have a child within their 1st or 2nd year. News flash! I'm almost 57. Myrlita is 60.5. Do grandchildren count?

• Like 4

brock
Posted
Posted

I didnt think it was fair that my wife would grow old with no family in her life, Why should she be alone in later life, That is why I agreed to let her have a baby, My son thought it was selfish of me to have another child, But I think it would have been selfish of me to deny my wife that right too.

My Daughter will be brought up in England and probably not be going to college, Maybe just a secondary school, But I know she will probably be more educated and have more prospects than some of the people who have attended college in the Philippines and will certainly have a much better life.

• Like 4