Used Mountain Bike

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

WHERE are the bike trails located?

I thought we had a narrow bike path at my house.  Turns out it was just the goat path we have to walk to our house...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
prodigal1
Posted
Posted

http://www.mapmyride.com/ph/baguio-cordillera-administrative-region/

Looks like some challenging riding around Baguio but one expects that in the mountains.  The last time I took my son mountain biking in the Pisgah National Forest here in the NC mountains we saw rattlesnakes everywhere.  I guess there it'll be the cobras to watch for!

If I do wind up moving there, I've spent more time fretting about how to get my Trek mountain bike there safely!

Jake
Posted
Posted

Looks like some challenging riding around Baguio but one expects that in the mountains.  The last time I took my son mountain biking in the Pisgah National Forest here in the NC mountains we saw rattlesnakes everywhere.  I guess there it'll be the cobras to watch for!

If I do wind up moving there, I've spent more time fretting about how to get my Trek mountain bike there safely!

Slithering snakes are nothing as compared to the other challenges that you may encounter while riding on a mountain bike.  Pot holes, animal droppings, street vendors, people and suicidal bus drivers coming from behind.  By the way, they love to pass each other, especially on blind curves.  

Es mo pun in da Philippines.....he, he.

prodigal1
Posted
Posted

Slithering snakes are nothing as compared to the other challenges that you may encounter while riding on a mountain bike.  Pot holes, animal droppings, street vendors, people and suicidal bus drivers coming from behind.  By the way, they love to pass each other, especially on blind curves.  

Es mo pun in da Philippines.....he, he.

Haha, I don't ride on the roads here even with bike lanes, so no way I'd want to over there!   I worked in an admin position in a funeral home for almost  2 years and was really surprised how many road biking fatalities there are here.  Trails only for me!  I managed to never get bitten by a rattlesnake so I'll take my chances with the cobras, lol.

• Like 1

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

I have been buying second hand bikes for years at garage sales. The best buy I have ever made so far was two mountain bikes at a garage sale where the owners had moved to Florida and left their belongings to be sold by friends.

I mean they were giving everything away. So I see these two bikes and as I approach I could tell they were expensive because they look like a stupid design.

As it turned out they were Marin Rift zone XC6. Which meant nothing to me at the time. The asking price was $75.00 each. Both identical in white paint. Ugly bikes, but I could tell by the prices of the furniture and dish-wares and such that they were probably under priced. I was driving my old Toyota Camry, so I put one in the trunk and the other strapped to the top with tie downs through the back windows. Off to the local bike shop 7 miles away I went. I sold the bikes in 20 minutes for $400.00 a piece. The bike dealer told me they were around $1800.00 new. I love garage sales and have made a lot of money over the years flipping things at auctions and such. I bought a Violin at a garage sale for $40.00 three weeks ago and flipped it at auction for $120.00.  Took my wife dumpster diving a few years ago to show her wasteful we all are. After two days of dumpster diving we cleaned and tagged the items and had a garage sale. we made $340.00 in 6 hours. I will flip a house hold full of used furniture, electronics and old tools in September, reimburse myself for my plane tickets to the Phils.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Trails only for me! I managed to never get bitten by a rattlesnake so I'll take my chances with the cobras,
Just drive fast enough   :)

One of my Swedish friends was in Thailand recently.  He wondered why all people walked a longer distance rather far away from a stone wall between the road and some nature.

-OOOOOH! shouted people walking behind him at the other side, and he felt something toughing his leg.

It was a poison snake trying to bite him, but luckily missed with very litle just because my friend walked fast. Then he knew why no one else walked that close to the stone wall...   :lol:

• Like 2

prodigal1
Posted
Posted

post-5162-0-32524600-1436557212_thumb.jp

• Like 5

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I have finally purchased. The 2nd hand Japanese were low on stock, they only had children's bikes. Cannot find new Japanese bikes anywhere in Marbel, everything is Chinese, apart from one outlet that sells bikes made in Taiwan. I bit the bullet and bought a 24 speed mountain bike at 15000p of Taiwanese make, so far so good. It rides very nicely and I envisage getting some miles in, will be interesting to see how it holds up in the long term!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
RBM
Posted
Posted

I bought a Japanese surplus one  a little over a year ago 2.500, New chain, 2 new tyre inners and is ridden every day Still going Strong.

Maybe I was Lucky but no Complaints here. My new one was 17.000+ on the Road and strangely enough,  It works just the same as the junk,

My daughter uses either [ depending who got up first :hystery: ] and is just as happy on either (Depending who will see her of course.)  :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:

Jack could you be so kind as to be a little more explicit, I am considering one for my partner. Does it have gears? From where did you buy and is it suitable for a 5 ft 6 Filipina?

russellmania
Posted
Posted

What are the NAME BRAND Japanese bikes you guys recommend?