Philhealth Update

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
It's longer for pregnancies.  =Have to join PhilHealth BEFORE geting pregnant.  I don't know if there are any more TIME exceptions.   

:no: I'll be careful  and try not to get pregnant, wipe the toilet seat and everything.  Fe would be mad at me if I had another child.  She says 60 is to old for her to take care of another baby (me being first) :th_unfair: 

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Don't believe you need an ACI card to buy and be covered. policy is for self and wife.

Best you get it in your wife's name as you will need you ACR and as you are not here until after the September 30 deadline to get it I can see you having a slight problem Hope not but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Citizens of other countries working and/or residing in the Philippines

- foreign citizens with valid working permits and/or Alien Certificate of Registrations (ACRs), working and/or residing in the Philippines

taken from the Philhealth membership Qualification page.

JP :tiphat:

Just to avoid confusion for those who didn't read the whole post Jack made, it's the ACR Card we need - which we will all have applied for shortly after arrival regardless of whether we are here as tourists or other visa...  The ARP is not required in consideration for PhilHealth itself.

Thanks, Jack, for getting this straightened out!

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
Of course as he will be married and can have a joint membership with his wife .Not too sure if he could have his own membership as he would not have an ACI card.

Thanks.  Still need clarification - my wife is a Filipino national, but a Canadian citizen (not dual), so she too would be on a balikbayan visa.  Would she qualify (so I can just have a joint membership with her)?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
so she too would be on a balikbayan visa.  Would she qualify (so I can just have a joint membership with her)?

Sorry this I don't understand. If you are Not a Filipino and I don't think you are How is your Wife going to be on  BB stamp?

Morning All. :morning1:  

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
my wife is a Filipino national, but a Canadian citizen (not dual)

How is your Wife going to be on  BB stamp?

Methinks someone needs to re read what a balikbayan is. Are you sure you need to ask that question?

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Methinks someone needs to re read what a balikbayan is. Are you sure you need to ask that question?

Well Dave if not me then I am sure someone would have. :thumbsup:  Should have even because I sense tears at the border. :rolleyes:

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Without looking up the rules and providing a link, I can tell you that any formor Philippine Citizen can indeed avail of the BB Stamp. 

Before my wife aquired her dual (Re aquairing PI Citizenship) she only traveled with her US passport which shows her nationality and when we arrive in the PI we presented her passport on top and her, our daughter, and I were all given the BB Stamp.

Hope this helps,

danny

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
Sorry this I don't understand. If you are Not a Filipino and I don't think you are How is your Wife going to be on BB stamp?

The BB privilege is open to Filipino nationals and their spouses.  Her Canadian passport shows her country of birth as the Philippines.  And, she also brings her original expired Philippine passport.  With those, she gets a BB stamp, and I do too (with our marriage cert).

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Sorry this I don't understand. If you are Not a Filipino and I don't think you are How is your Wife going to be on BB stamp?

The BB privilege is open to Filipino nationals and their spouses.  Her Canadian passport shows her country of birth as the Philippines.  And, she also brings her original expired Philippine passport.  With those, she gets a BB stamp, and I do too (with our marriage cert).

CORRECT!

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
  •  

logo-philembassy.no.png
Balikbayan Program

The Balikbayan Program is instituted under the administration of the Department of Tourism (link is external) to attract and encourage overseas Filipinos to come and visit their motherland. This is in recognition of their contribution to the economy of the country through the foreign exchange inflow and revenues that they generate.

The program allows visa-free entry to the Philippines for a period of one (1) year for foreign passport holders, with the exception of restricted nationals. It also includes a kabuhayan shopping privilege allowing tax-exempt purchase of livelihood tools and providing the opportunity to avail of the necessary training to enable the balikbayan to become economically self-reliant members of society upon their return to the country. The program also intends to showcase competitive and outstanding Filipino-made products.

Who are entitled to avail of the Balikbayan Program?

The term "balikbayan" shall mean a Filipino citizen who has been continuously out of the Philippines for a period of at least one (1) year, a Filipino overseas worker, or a former Filipino citizen and his or her family who had been naturalized in a foreign country and comes or returns to the Philippines.

The term "family" shall mean the spouse and the children of the balikbayan traveling with the latter to the Philippines.

For more information on the benefits and privileges of the Balikbayan Program, please click here (link is external).