Philhealth Update

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

my wife is a Filipino national, but a Canadian citizen (not dual), so she too would be on a balikbayan visa. 

Yes now we get the Full story I am sure we all Understand and will agree, but here is what was originally said and it goes to show how 1/2 a story can get misunderstood

The BB privilege is open to Filipino nationals and their spouses.  Her Canadian passport shows her country of birth as the Philippines.  And, she also brings her original expired Philippine passport.  With those, she gets a BB stamp, and I do too (with our marriage cert).

if the OP had said this in the First place there would have been no need for all this argy bargy!

Anyway Have a good Trip :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

Morning All. :morning1:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
if the OP had said this in the First place there would have been no need for all this argy bargy!

Huh?  Me, the OP, thinks you guys are full of argy bargy!   :hystery:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Huh?  Me, the OP, thinks you guys are full of argy bargy!  

No silly Billy not the Topic but the Posts of late we have been having. :thumbsup: The topic stared well and as usual and to Form got waylayed to visa's again But if there was no pain there would be no gain so also as usual 'Alls well that ends Well'! OMW we have been dueling long enough to know that argy bargy  can be the spice of life some days on PEF but I will take 100 as penancepost-2148-0-35494100-1437187870_thumb.jp :hystery:

JP :tiphat:  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

My earlier post said:  “Thanks.  Still need clarification - my wife is a Filipino national, but a Canadian citizen (not dual), so she too would be on a balikbayan visa.  Would she qualify (so I can just have a joint membership with her)?”

Then, I was asked: "Sorry this I don't understand. If you are Not a Filipino and I don't think you are How is your Wife going to be on  BB stamp?”

So, I expanded with: “The BB privilege is open to Filipino nationals and their spouses.  Her Canadian passport shows her country of birth as the Philippines.  And, she also brings her original expired Philippine passport.  With those, she gets a BB stamp, and I do too (with our marriage cert).”

I think it can be inferred from my first post that my wife is a Filipino national though not a Filipino citizen.  Sorry that I took it for granted that people knew that current Filipino citizenship is not a prerequisite for a BB stamp to be granted to a returning Filipino national.

So, back to my question – as someone who is a non-Filipino citizen balikbayan, would she be allowed to have Philhealth membership?  Neither one of us would be ACR holders.

Edited by MacBubba

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
So, back to my question – as someone who is a non-Filipino citizen balikbayan, would she be allowed to have Philhealth membership?  Neither one of us would be ACR holders.

My first guess is that PhilHealth would only ask to see her birth certificate which would show Philippine birth so it may not even be an issue.  My suggestion is to read the info on the PhilHealth website and enlighten all of us as to what you find  :thumbsup:

http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/members/

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Thanks Dave!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I would have thought so ( as it would seem she is a Tourist at this point) but I put this link in as there may be some issue  with the ACR but Surely your Wife will have an NSO Birth Certificate this things is getting sort of out of proportion now. I can't get my head around this nationality and Citizenship thing. Did she give up her Citizenship? To me and I stand to be corrected of Course, She is a Filipino national and should ( again to me) be allowed all that a Filipino should be entitled too :thumbsup:  or is that too easy?

http://philpad.com/how-to-become-a-member-of-philhealth-requirements-and-steps-to-register/

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jack!

I don't know what NSO stands for, but she does have a Philippine birth certificate. 

At the time she acquired her Canadian citizenship, I think it had the effect of relinquishing her old citizenship.  She would have to re-acquire Filipino citizenship if, say, she wants a Phlippine passport again.  She's weighed it before (when we bought our property), but did not care to pay two sets of taxes.  As a former citizen, she is still allowed to acquire property (but with a size limit). 

As a Filipino national who is not a Filipino citizen, we don't know what her entitlements are.  We'll be looking into it before the move.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I don't know what NSO stands for, but she does have a Philippine birth certificate. 

NSO is the National Statistics Office most things here as a requirement will only accept an NSO Birth certificate.

I have put a couple of  links on so you can see what I mean. I would have thought that as she had already (At one time) a PI Passport she will have the NSO version anyway she can get one on line but I see that they only do International Delivery by snail mail so it could be some time to get there, maybe quicker when you arrive as I am told you can get in in 1 or 2 days.

https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Default.aspx

https://psa.gov.ph/civilregistration/requesting-civil-registry-document/birth-certificate

I really do hope you can get all things sorted out. 

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Her Philippine passport dates back to 1985, and her birth certificate was deemed adequate at the time. 

I've saved the links.

• Like 1