Mcds

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Selected outlets, participating restaurants and not in the Philippines.    

Well that's a new one, as it is usually, only in the Philippines :hystery:  Think about it!

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Sorry, Chris, but I gotta disagree as well... Ronnie McDogmeat in Canada always would do special orders... Here in Davao, i get a special order done for breakfast all the time!

Sorry, Chris, but I gotta disagree as well... Ronnie McDogmeat in Canada always would do special orders... Here in Davao, i get a special order done for breakfast all the time!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

McDo's Perdices street Dumaguete. 11.40am  Sunday 26th July  2015

Miss,Good morning sir , what can I get you. This morning.?

JP, I would like just a burger in a Bun and a standard fries.

Miss, yes sir 1 plain burger and 1 standard fries?

JP, yes please.

Miss, anything on the burger sir? we have ....................post-2148-0-50950700-1437898606_thumb.gi

What can I say? post-2148-0-84856400-1437898655_thumb.jp but I got my Plain Burger.

Maybe it was just me and on a Sunday too.

JP :tiphat:

chris49
Posted
Posted

I said go inside a address it to the manager.

The OP a Brit citing another Brit was going through the Drive-In window. Putting in a special order there and expecting to be ready in the allowable time.

Bob, compare Mc Donalds to Harvey's in Canada. I think you will agree that Harvey's started the build your own burger concept 35 years ago, and is far superior to Maccas.

Since I lived as an American, I will throw this out to any American on the forum. Mc Donald's as a franchise in the USA does not do special orders. But if you approach the manager and he can intervene, he will do it. Approaching the service counter with some kind of special request is a no no. If everyone did that, the concept would be destroyed and the waiting time would be so incredible, it would be less fun going there.

Any American care to reply?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Approaching the service counter with some kind of special request is a no no

Have to come down with Chris on this one. Burger King is the chain know for "have it your way". You go to Macs, order and they reach behind them and take it from the warming area and your off. I suppose you could ask, but I have never done it, never seen it  done and cant recall anyone I know ever doing it. But that's in the states, franchises other places might be different.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
But that's in the states, franchises other places might be different.

" :rolleyes:   "DOROTHY"  :) 

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have always made special orders and never had a problem. (I have to have mustard - no nasty "special sauce")   The only McDo's that I ever went to that did not do special orders was on the Navy base in San Diego (1990?).  The manager told me he had so many built in customers, being the only resto chain on base, he did not feel they had to give good service.  I was so glad when Taco Bell opened up later ha ha

I always do special orders at McDo's here in the PI's with no problems.... well... they screw it up sometiems.... but they try ha ha  :tiphat:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I have always made special orders and never had a problem. (I have to have mustard - no nasty "special sauce")   The only McDo's that I ever went to that did not do special orders was on the Navy base in San Diego (1990?).  The manager told me he had so many built in customers, being the only resto chain on base, he did not feel they had to give good service.  I was so glad when Taco Bell opened up later ha ha

I always do special orders at McDo's here in the PI's with no problems.... well... they screw it up sometiems.... but they try ha ha  :tiphat:

Yes, I think that most mcd's in the US will do specials now.  They had to compete with BK.

And they are set up for it here in PH too.  My daughter always orders cheeseburger meal, cheeseburger plain (bread, meat and cheese only).  The burger comes out with a little sticker on it that says "grill order".  She just had one at the new Mcd in Clark this evening.  We ate in but she gets it at the drive through too.

Related articles from a story that was going around last week:

http://hackthemenu.com/mcdonalds/secret-menu/

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/21/living/mcdonalds-secret-menu-revealed-feat/index.html

• Like 1

luisa jane
Posted
Posted

There are lots of delectable and nutritious meals in the Philippines that are being served by local restaurants. Mc Donalds is a great fast foods but if you're in the Philippines, it is best to experience the food culture of the country.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Yeah, but I have lived here a few years.  Every now and again a burger, fries, and an apple pie is just right.  Even a horrible McDo's burger ha ha  :tiphat: