Mcds

Petey
Posted
Posted

I only go to 1 place for my Maccy D's. It took a long tome coming for them to understand my accent and now i know the exact words they want me to use.

Started off like -

"Good afternoon Sir. What can i get you?"

Me : "Cheese burger only."

"Anything else?"

Me : "Cheese burger - sandwich only"

"Po?"

Me : "Cheese burger only, Sandwich only, on its own, nothing else to add, nothing to follow."

Worker " A la carte?"

:bash:

They don't understand English at the best of times and now they use frigging French :1 (103):

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

They don't understand English at the best of times and now they use frigging French

Well if you said chips to them one wonders what you get if not French fries :hystery:

JP. :tiphat:

morning All :morning1:  ( Wedding Yesterday so late start :thumbsup: )

BTW, as a Sponsor, it was Requested we men Follow PI Tradition and wear a Barong. 

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Because we are on the burger topic I have to bring up the burger I had yesterday at a local establishment. I will not mention the nave but it starts with the letter a and they always have but one get one.

I opened up my cheese burger to take a look and there was a small piece of meat in there that was the thickness of a slice of bacon and about an inch wide by an inch wide. No wonder they give 2.

The burgers in McDonald's are pretty good here and the service is outstanding usually compared to the US.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

When I go to negros (dumaguete and I am not a burger fan) the last 2 times I have had jolly bee burgers and was shocked on how good they were but I am not a burger person so don`t  come back to me if you don`t like them.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Just saw this

McDonald's is to offer its customers table service in an attempt to stimulate consumer interest following a drop in sales revenue.
A trial is under way at a restaurant in Manchester where customers choose their seat and use a fixed computer tablet to place their order, which is then brought to their table.
The service is already available in Australia, Switzerland, France and Germany and if successful in the UK the company plans to roll it out nationwide.
McDonald's has struggled to increase profits recently in the face of growing consumer choice.
Last week the company announced that global comparable sales had fallen 0.7%, and that income fell 16%.
A spokesperson for McDonald's UK said: "To meet customers' evolving expectations we are investing in our restaurants to create an exciting new environment and improve the customer experience. 
"We are testing some new concepts, such as table service, whereby customers place their order via our new digital kiosks and then have their food brought to them.
"It is currently on test in our Mottram restaurant in Greater Manchester, but with plans to increase the trial over the coming month. 
"It’s an idea that has been successfully launched in other McDonald's markets including France, Germany and Australia, and we are keen to see if it will prove as popular with customers in the UK."
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I am aware of that one and it is so far away....aaaahhhhhhh.

Selected outlets, participating restaurants and not in the Philippines. :no:  :no: 

If you read the news Mc doos is in trouble, franchises are complaining and the new management is changing it to as you order world wide. Now as to not in the Philippines you will find that they put out things that are not available to the rest of the world in fast food restaurants so things are changing.   :thumbsup:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
JP, I would like just a burger in a Bun and a standard fries.

Where in any fast food world wide could you ask just a burger, they all have names.  :)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Where in any fast food world wide could you ask just a burger, they all have names. 

YEP  :hystery:  mine was called Vanessa, OY! Vanessa give me a Plain Burger in a Bun with standard Fries. Odd how she knew what I meant EH?

Strange place Dumaguete, With Sooooooooooo many Foreigners, we do seem to get our own way sometimes and of Course, M'Dos is our Foreigner Embassy. :mocking:

JP :tiphat:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
Where in any fast food world wide could you ask just a burger, they all have names.

Yeah, drinks and fries have their own names too.  I used to go to Wendy's sometimes in the US.  I would order a 'large coke'.  You mean a 'biggie size?"  No, I mean large but you can call it whatever you want. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Yeah, drinks and fries have their own names too

Drinks! . .  Like when they eliminate the 'small' size and when you ask for a 'medium' it comes out as:  The soft drink formerly known as small.

• Like 2