Stomach Issues

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Hey all,

I've been in Batangas for about 4 months. Most of the time my issue was not being and to go to the bathroom sometimes for may days. Guess what. For the past week I cannot keep out of the bathroom.

I've been drinking Gatorade and trying to stay hydrated but I've lost some weight and I'm starting to work a bit.

Can anyone offer any advice? Is there some antibiotics I can buy without seeing a doctor or is there something else I can do. I would like to avoid seeing a doctor if possible.

Thanks

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Im sure a pharmacy will have something like imodium to help with this but from the sound of it you need to find out the cause. 

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
. I would like to avoid seeing a doctor if possible.

I suspect that seeing a doctor is the least of your worries.  Many times when this happens you need to be in hospital due to dehydration.  They will only give an IV and monitor you but if you want to take the risk, here are the potential results of being dehydrated.  (You may not even realize you are severely dehydrated which is why you need a doctor's opinion.)

Dehydration can lead to serious complications, including:

• Heat injury. If you don't drink enough fluids when you're exercising vigorously and perspiring heavily, you may end up with a heat injury, ranging in severity from mild heat cramps to heat exhaustion or potentially life-threatening heatstroke.
  • Swelling of the brain (cerebral edema). Sometimes, when you're getting fluids again after being dehydrated, the body tries to pull too much water back into your cells. This can cause some cells to swell and rupture. The consequences are especially grave when brain cells are affected.
  • Seizures. Electrolytes — such as potassium and sodium — help carry electrical signals from cell to cell. If your electrolytes are out of balance, the normal electrical messages can become mixed up, which can lead to involuntary muscle contractions and sometimes to a loss of consciousness.
  • Low blood volume shock (hypovolemic shock). This is one of the most serious, and sometimes life-threatening, complications of dehydration. It occurs when low blood volume causes a drop in blood pressure and a drop in the amount of oxygen in your body.
  • Kidney failure. This potentially life-threatening problem occurs when your kidneys are no longer able to remove excess fluids and waste from your blood.
  • Coma and death. When not treated promptly and appropriately, severe dehydration can be fatal.

• Like 5

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I haven't tried Gatorade, but when I used OTHER sport drinks e g back when I played tennis, then I GOT stomach problem  :)  

but when I switched to water the problem disapeared,

BUT in your case you can be to dehydrated allready so trying ONLY water can be dangerous, because you need some hydrolyse too or what it's called in English.  (A litle of some type of salt mixed in the water. E g a national long distance team make their own sport drink. They use 1/2 food spoon per litle water.  More salt if having any cramp feelings. Taste crap, but have given several WC medals   :) 

If your problem started with a bacteria, they need to be killed. I suppouse it's to late to eat coal tablets, so if your body don't solve it itself soon, then you need some meds to kill them.

GARLIC is "the antibiotics of the nature" and are enough in many cases, although it's a problem many GET - temporary - stomach problem by eating much garlic.

AFTER the bad bacterias are killed, the GOOD bacterias are killed too, so they need to be REPLACED. There are special products for that e g Acidofilus. If you don't find such, youghurt and such have some such bacterias, but not as many.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Try Yalkult,,,,,,helps replace the good bacteria,,locals swear by it

• Like 3

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys! I'm drinking plenty of fluids so I don't think I'm dehydrated yet.

I'm thinking it probably is some type of bacteria from something I ate or drank. I think I need to get some antibiotics.

I'm familiar with yacult. We may even have some! I'll try it! Garlic as well.

Thanks

jon1
Posted
Posted

If this lasts much longer (another week) I would go to a doctor. You may have a parasitic infection. A friend of mine had that from some food that he ate in a restaurant. There are lots of nasties out there that we are not used to.

Also, on immodium, the local dosage is half of what we normally would use in the US. So adjust accordingly for you.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I'm thinking it probably is some type of bacteria from something I ate or drank.
It's rather common Phil restaurants use clean water to DRINK,

BUT make ICE for drinks of NOT cleaned water  :1 (103):

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

Go to Generics Pharmacy.

Ciproflaxin 500 mg, PO....one tablet AM and PM x 7 days=14 Tablets. (4 Pesos each tablet under the name of Bactrom)

Omeprazole 20 mgm tablets, one table AM and PM x 5 days=10 tablets  (5.25 Pesos each tablet)

Cipro is an antibiotic. Omeprazole is Losec it stops gastric secretions.

A prescription is sometimes required. Tell them you called  Dr and he gave you the order by phone. If they don't accept ask your wife to take go to any Govt hospital, ask Doc to write that on Rx. See a Dr if you have to, if only to write the Rx.

Don't take immodium, the infection must come out.

Take pure buko juice instead of Gatorade.

You have a mild bacterial diarrhea and it will stop 1-2 days after you start meds. In 5-6 years I had it twice, the above was my Rx from the Doc in a Govt hospital.

• Like 3

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

Flagyl

http://www.drugs.com/flagyl.html

But go see a doctor

• Like 1