Stomach Issues

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Had the same prob in 2011! since then I only drink Wilkins water straight from the fridge, for tea and coffee we boil water from the local

water supplier.

Gatorade I love BUT it brings me out in a Rash at my elbow joints !! as there is some ingredient in it that has been banned in the UK and Parts of the states !

For Beer I only drink apple Flavoured ( nearest I can get to Cider !! ) and Red horse beer.

I dont drink beer from cans as it does not taste the same as from Bottles !! :cheersty:

For Digestion I eat Spicy Chicken noodles and eat Chocolate ( not at the same time  :lol: )

My system has been ok since !

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Watch the water you use even just to  brush you teeth

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

GatorAde is not good for some infections and can cause more running to the CR than cure...  Switch to buko and also water laced with calimansi...

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

It could be the first sign of IBS ( Irritable Bowel Syndrome). I had  it happen to me  a few times before going to see a doctor. I had severe pain in my abdomen when it struck. It doubled me over. I almost passed out. That's when I went to see  a doctor. He could not find anything

wrong but suggested IBS.

I started taking psyllium in my water. This was back in the states. Like magic, it disappeared and no more painful attacks. I still take psyllium daily because I don't eat a lot of natural fiber in my diet.

I'm not suggesting this is your problem but just my experience.

I hope you're ok  and be careful with the water like others have suggested.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I had a similar problem last year and it turned out to be amebic dysentery.  By the time my wife convinced me to go to the doctor I was badly dehydrated and required an IV.  The dehydration, in turn, caused kidney stones to form that required an additional trip to the ER.  We live in Moalboal so that entailed a 3 hour bus ride to Cebu City.  If I had a choice between that bus ride again and being horse whipped, it would be hard to choose.  Any diarrhea that does not clear up with imodium should be considered suspect.  I would recommend you see a doctor ASAP and they can do a stool sample.  

• Like 5

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Thanks, I took a diatab and was able to sleep and I'm ok for the moment though I know the diatab only masks the symptoms.

You guys are right about the water. I always use the water here for brushing my teeth! For drinking we use the mineral water. Is this OK?

I'm suspecting I got this either from some eggs we got at the market that were not cooked enough or from a good stand at one of the malls.

I really have to start being more careful here with what I eat and drink.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
I always use the water here for brushing my teeth!

NEVER!!! Better safe than sorry Imho. In most areas (note I say most so don't go ballistic on me) the water is treated and safe. Where the problem comes in is the antiquated pipes or water tanks that have bacterial residue.

Frankly why water purification businesses are all over

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

On the lighter side, Don't  :no:  eat the Kids snacks  :rolleyes: someone seems to be messing with them. 

Smile and say Idiot but.........................There is a lot of it going on.  :thumbsup:

Just saying.

JP :tiphat:

Morning all :morning1:

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I always use the water here for brushing my teeth!

NEVER!!! Better safe than sorry Imho. In most areas (note I say most so don't go ballistic on me) the water is treated and safe. Where the problem comes in is the antiquated pipes or water tanks that have bacterial residue.

Frankly why water purification businesses are all over

And the water comes through iron pipes,which in it`s self is not bad but with all the water outages that happen things can enter the system

• Like 2

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

When you guys say pure boku juice do you mean juice right from the boku?