Stomach Issues

stevewool
Posted
Posted

On my last trip over in the Phils i was a little poorly and i put it down to the water, like i have said about brushing your teeth, also be careful about cups that has been washed under the tap with running water and has not been dried , every little helps in staying well,

I am hoping my belly gets a little harder once there or i am going to be like a stick insect walking around

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I am hoping my belly gets a little harder once there or i am going to be like a stick insect walking around

One day at a time Steve, take your SMBpost-2148-0-68482500-1438070298.jpg Cold as I find Warm beer gives me the Trots :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
If you ever in the Tanauan area let me know! I'll buy you a coffee!

That may be doing it.  I find the local blends of coffee give me the runs if I have more than 2 cups a day.

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

If you ever in the Tanauan area let me know! I'll buy you a coffee!

That may be doing it. I find the local blends of coffee give me the runs if I have more than 2 cups a day.

I usually drink the nescafe 3 in 1.

Update - I feel ok today though I haven't slept much. The diatab help big time at least with the symptoms. Tomorrow I will not take any meds to see if I'm still having issues. If so I'll visit the hospital and get some meds unless the pharmacy will give me the meds posted without a script.

Thank you guys so much for the help. It has been a major adjustment for me living here and it has not been easy at times. It is nice to know I'm not alone here.

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I just wasn't sure about the word "pure". Something I can buy or do I need to get the actual coconuts?

Just be careful if you buy fresh? Buko from the Street Venders or those that travel the Barangays. You never know what they may add to make it go further and thus cause some tummy upsets.

JP :tiphat: :unsure:

I buy boku juice all the time from the street stands if I see one that looks clean. I really need to start avoiding those things.

Thanks Jack! If you ever in the Tanauan area let me know! I'll buy you a coffee!

Only get the buko juice that is directly from the coconut. Where they chop off the top of the green coconut and you sip out the juice with a straw.

• Like 2

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

I just wasn't sure about the word "pure". Something I can buy or do I need to get the actual coconuts?

Just be careful if you buy fresh? Buko from the Street Venders or those that travel the Barangays. You never know what they may add to make it go further and thus cause some tummy upsets.

JP :tiphat: :unsure:

I buy boku juice all the time from the street stands if I see one that looks clean. I really need to start avoiding those things.

Thanks Jack! If you ever in the Tanauan area let me know! I'll buy you a coffee!

Only get the buko juice that is directly from the coconut. Where they chop off the top of the green coconut and you sip out the juice with a straw.
My popop here owns a boku farm among other things so boku is easy to come by though I'm not looking forward to a jeepney ride with a large bag of coconuts while trying to keep from messing my pants. Good times. [emoji12] Edited by Richieboy67
  • Like 2

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I got the meds posted above. No problem at mercury. I hope I'll be fine with this soon.

chris49
Posted
Posted

48 hours you will be. The Buko is good.

The "Mami" which is instant noodles but you drink only the broth part is good also. Your wife will know what is "Mami"

Coca Cola is a reasonable rehydration fluid if you can't have buko....make it 50-50 with bottled water. It has all the electrolytes of an IV, with glucoe.