Philhealth

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

My daughter has just spent 3 nights in Hospital with pneumonia. She is ok now and has been released so I went to pay the bill. One of her Doctors who is our neighbour waved her part of the bill(800 peso).When I paid Philhealth kicked in and out of a total of 9,446 peso all I had to pay was 400 peso. So it is well worth having Philhealth.

Kev, so sorry to hear this Hope things soon get back to normal, anything we can do just Shout  :thumbsup:

JP :)

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

My daughter has just spent 3 nights in Hospital with pneumonia. She is ok now and has been released so I went to pay the bill. One of her Doctors who is our neighbour waved her part of the bill(800 peso).When I paid Philhealth kicked in and out of a total of 9,446 peso all I had to pay was 400 peso. So it is well worth having Philhealth.

Very good news about PhilHealth.  My wife has me on her plan. I haven't used it yet and hope I don't have to. I still have my Medicare back in the states.

So far, any Doc visits here are very affordable. The same for my Meds and lab tests.

Happy to learn of your daughter's complete recovery.

• Like 3

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Most definitely worth it, I try and get all my pinoy friends that have a job to make sure they are a member.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have noticed that a lot of youngsters and oldsters in Philippines end up hospitalized with pneumonia at some time.  And many die of this so it is very serious.

Good to hear things worked out for you Kev.  Its not something to screw around with.  I know I need to get Phil Health too.  but I keep putting it off. . .  grrrr (mad at self)

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I have noticed that a lot of youngsters and oldsters in Philippines end up hospitalized with pneumonia at some time.  And many die of this so it is very serious.

Good to hear things worked out for you Kev.  Its not something to screw around with.  I know I need to get Phil Health too.  but I keep putting it off. . .  grrrr (mad at self)

Pneumonia is a big problem in the Philippines, the majority of severe cases are because they get poor advice from local doctor, and then by the time they present at hospital they all got serious lobar pneumonia. Really a case of education. 

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Thanks to all of you. Philhealth costs us 200 peso per month which for most locals working should be affordable.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Pneumonia is a big problem in the Philippines, the majority of severe cases are because they get poor advice from local doctor, and then by the time they present at hospital they all got serious lobar pneumonia. Really a case of education. 

Cheers for this Mike, Now Kev, can this have anything to do with the other Problem we were discussing last week? if so I am not surprised the Doctor(Neighbour) waived her Fee.?

JP :tiphat:

Tell my Favorite Gardner Uncle is thinking of her :)

Show here the Mangoes now. post-2148-0-65498600-1438492060_thumb.jp :thumbsup:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I think she caught it on the bus back from Cebu city not from next door.See you and dave soon.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Glad all is well with your Daughter Kev, and thank you for telling us about Philhealth too, i have no idea if its something that Ems has for her dad, but i will find out later today