Philhealth

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Thanks to all of you. Philhealth costs us 200 peso per month which for most locals working should be affordable.

Actualy according to the law it's obligatoric in most cases for the employers to sign their employee and pay around half their fee. But many don't follow that law... :bash:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Thanks to all of you. Philhealth costs us 200 peso per month which for most locals working should be affordable.

Actualy according to the law it's obligatoric in most cases for the employers to sign their employee and pay around half their fee. But many don't follow that law... :bash:

When has a law been enforced properly here i do understand what you are saying but that is the way I feel.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Glad all is well with your Daughter Kev, and thank you for telling us about Philhealth too, i have no idea if its something that Ems has for her dad, but i will find out later today

My wife`s mum and dad get it for free as they are over a certain age.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

That age I believe is 60 years old.

JP :rolleyes:

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

JP :rolleyes:

Wow, I must have read it wrong on the PhilHealth site.  I thought no one over 70 could get it.  Guess I need to reread.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Guess I need to reread.

Give us the link you were reading and we can all reread it with you.  Everything I have read in the news says Philippine citizens over 60 get free PhilHealth now but never looked into it to see what the 'conditions' are.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I thought no one over 70 could get it.  Guess I need to reread.

Not sure if there is a cut off date for Entry especially for those Filipino's that have recently been granted Free membership by the Government but My MIL is enjoying here membership quite Regularly,  3 times this year and she is 94

I did read somewhere that a Foreigner has an age tops of 65 to join but this was never confirmed nor denied, so another grey Area to inquire about.

JP :tiphat:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
I did read somewhere that a Foreigner has an age tops of 65 to join but this was never confirmed nor denied

My friend Lou, an American who was single and alone at the time, joined when he was 71 by going to the office at Robinson's Mall.  Unfortunately he passed away before he had a chance to get any use out of it.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Guess I need to reread.

Give us the link you were reading and we can all reread it with you.  Everything I have read in the news says Philippine citizens over 60 get free PhilHealth now but never looked into it to see what the 'conditions' are.

Dave, It was about 2-3 years ago I last did my research.  I just spent a while now going over the Philhealth site.  It's all different,new now than before.  I can only assume and be thankful for the others information is correct.  There is nothing on the main site I could locate which has any age requirements and citizen vs no citizen.  The site does now offer electronic sign-up but I didn't notice any way of payment so maybe after signing up on line you print out your papers and subimt to a field office with payment in person.  I can't wait until we get there in April so we can get my MIL and some other family members signed up.  Maybe save some money by paying their Philhealth instead of big bills!

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

If I have understood corect, there are two options:

1. Filipinos over a certain age get health care UNDEPENDING of any PhilHealth FEES are paid.  (This is rather new, not sure if it has started yet.)

2. If the Filipina wife is the MAIN in the PhilHealth insurance, then her parents can be joined to that UNDEPENDING of AGE*. Her husband and kids can be joined too.

*Although the parents have to be elder than the wife  :lol: