Pemberton

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Simple. the murderers were locals. Also, it is always the foreigners fault. If he was not in the country... they could not of killed him - his fault.

I frequently read comments like this on forums, kind of a persecution complex. Could be some truth to it but in most cases not imo. In this case it has nothing to do with the fact that the victim was a foreigner and everything to do with the accused being from wealthy, connected families. At one point the judge referred to one of the accused as a murderer and the father, greatly offended, said he was going to personally speak to the President about it. I guess he did.  

• Like 5

canadamale
Posted
Posted

maybe he caught the transgender trying to rob him, maybe he just wanted the thrill of killing someone, 6 to 12 is still low for murder. in Canada there are poor in prison for longer for more minor crimes, and the wealthy with good lawyers walk, it is the way the world works.  

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

The US has failed this young Marine, I was stationed at Clark AB in the 70's and the first briefing we had informed us of the "Ladyboy" culture outside the gates of Clark AB. I'm sure with
  I find it hard to believe a 20 yr old would not know of the ladyboy culture in the Philippines.In the 70's maybe but with all the awareness of gays today not likely,  and  If he is guilty of taking another life than he got off easy..maybe he has family who can send him money and pay support when he is in prison. If he is  guilty he should do the time. we all know or should know that if we commit crimes in the Philippines we play by there rules. 

I find it very easy. I can recall taking a stroll down Bugis Street in Singapore with an Australian merchant ship officer in his late 20's who was told in very clear terms that what he would be seeing would not be women, but he refused to believe it.. until he had, against clear advice, paid a bar fine - he did not kill the ladyboy but he might have done. 

• Like 1

canadamale
Posted
Posted

with all the gay pride days in most if not all Au cities it is difficult to believe he did not know of homosexuality, A 20  something Aussie who has not heard of the ladyboy culture of Thailand and Indonesia must of lived a very shelterd life indeed. the military being a very macho place is full of gay humor, it just seems impossible to me

canadamale
Posted
Posted

U would like to retract my statement of the military being full of gay humour I have never been an enlisted man. I worked as a civilian mech for 2 years this young man is going to have a very hard next few years, the man he is accused and convicted of killing has no life

BluesDude
Posted
Posted

I don't mean to hijack the topic but I've been to that very area in Singapore you're probably correctly calling "Bugis Street". Funny all these years I thought the area was called Boogie Street". No matter what the name was, it certainly was an interesting place to have a beer or two and people watch.

The US has failed this young Marine, I was stationed at Clark AB in the 70's and the first briefing we had informed us of the "Ladyboy" culture outside the gates of Clark AB. I'm sure with

I find it hard to believe a 20 yr old would not know of the ladyboy culture in the Philippines.In the 70's maybe but with all the awareness of gays today not likely, and If he is guilty of taking another life than he got off easy..maybe he has family who can send him money and pay support when he is in prison. If he is guilty he should do the time. we all know or should know that if we commit crimes in the Philippines we play by there rules.

I find it very easy. I can recall taking a stroll down Bugis Street in Singapore with an Australian merchant ship officer in his late 20's who was told in very clear terms that what he would be seeing would not be women, but he refused to believe it.. until he had, against clear advice, paid a bar fine - he did not kill the ladyboy but he might have done.

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

Bugis%20Street_zps31c17op5.jpg

Bugis Street.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugis_Street

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Jake
Posted
Posted

Now this, is going to get interesting.  I'm really more interested on the performance of the opposing lawyers. Sort of like the old school Perry Mason TV series.  Just like the mud slinging campaign between presidential wanna-be's, this trial is a four ring circus.  I'm getting my popcorn out!

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/133914/claiming-he-was-molested-pemberton-seeks-acquittal  Claiming he was molested, Pemberton seeks acquittal

By the way, how do you molest a 19 year old US Marine?  I wouldn't try it.....would you?

post-686-0-36176100-1450337242_thumb.jpg

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

By the way, how do you molest a 19 year old US Marine?  I wouldn't try it.....would you?

Depends I guess, Don't know about the US but the UK has a few Lady Marines. ( Built like Russian Discuss Throwers I would imagen)  post-2148-0-12273300-1450337522.png Such is life I guess.

frozenmystic28
Posted
Posted

tmpbWFUK4.jpg

• Like 1