Pemberton

Methersgate
Posted
Posted
If you get in general population in prison here then Byebye

I don't know him personally - just a Facebook and Internet friend but seems a regular bloke - his story is that he and his Filipina wife were turned in by a disgruntled ex employee, which as we all know is only too easy.

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted (edited)

As I see it, the transgender's family is obviously bent on revenge in any means possible against this marine. They have no interest in diplomatic relations, not a care in the world if he's killed in their prison-just lookin for a path-ANY path to revenge. Period.The critical issue of safety of the prisoner being compromised, I'm sure, has been raised between top US and Phl officials. I'm sure the Philippines cannot guarantee his safety at the end of the day. I can't see him being held anywhere but AFP Custodial Detention Center.

Edited by Hey Steve
  • Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

As I see it, the transgender's family is obviously bent on revenge in any means possible against this marine. They have no interest in diplomatic relations, not a care in the world if he's killed in their prison-just lookin for a path-ANY path to revenge. Period.The critical issue of safety of the prisoner being compromised, I'm sure, has been raised between top US and Phl officials. I'm sure the Philippines cannot guarantee his safety at the end of the day. I can't see him being held anywhere but AFP Custodial Detention Center.

Steve they are after more money when the gay was alive they probably didn`t even talk to him. PAYDAY

• Like 5

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Steve they are after more money when the gay was alive they probably didn`t even talk to him. PAYDAY

Absolutely! triple like Sonjack (quoting Jake-ha ha)..and that I guess also, as I am reading more and more-Filipinos themselves seem to be casting a very shameful and critical view on this Laude family for it's personal quench for "whatever they can get out of this whole case". I guess it all started with them leaping over the detention center fence and Lord knows when it will stop. My message to that family would be..."Justice without the sideshows please"...rant over-now exhale

• Like 2

jon1
Posted
Posted

This is all a repeat of the LCpl Smith case in regards to custody and appeals. This falls under the same VFA which was never abrogated or modified since then. So under the VFA, the US has the right to retain custody (in-country) until ALL appeals have been exhausted. Once the Supreme Court rules (after an Appellate) that he is still guilty, THEN he will go to a Philippine Prison. It sounds to me like the Plaintiffs are trying to expedite the process.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm not surprised that the plaintiff's lawyer is negotiating for a better price.  SOS in da Philippines.....the lawyer gets 30-50%.

Whatever happen to Jenny's old German boyfriend anyway?

Edited by Jake

canadamale
Posted
Posted

the AFP Detention center will be no picnic, I knew a couple of privates in the Canadian Army who did time  as guards in the military prison here in Edmonton, these were tough boys and what they saw there shook them up. I remember them telling me the guards there were the sickest sadistic bastards they had ever met. the military prisons are not nice places. True general population most likely a death sentence, unless he can pay for protection. But he will be doing hard time wherever he is held.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
the AFP Detention center will be no picnic,

20 foot air-conditioned shipping container, television, internet most likely, refrigerator and care packages from home...........to a Filipino used to New Bilibad Prison this would be a cake walk.

To a 22 year old American,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it will be 6 years of hell

• Like 4

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I am very reliably informed, by a friend who runs a news desk in Manila, that the Laude family were offered P20M to drop the case and on the advice of their lawyer, Harry Roque, who be in noted is running for the Senate on Binay's slate, they demanded P100M.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
they demanded P100M

Accidents are considered a payday here at times. Our maids brother (and wife and child) were involved in a scooter accident with another scooter (mom, dad and kid on that one also). Brothers fault and the other party wanted like 100,000. damage to the scooter, doctors bills and tuition reimbursement for the days the kid missed school. Don't know all the details, frankly the less I know the better :cheersty:

• Like 1