Filipino Honesty. In Daily Life.

chris49
Posted
Posted

I am going off what you said. As you know them personally and one is your wife, I would not call the wife of a friend, even an internet friend dishonest.

There is normal Filipino business practice of not paying minimum wage because of the tips.

Do you agree that is a practice here or not?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

There are many corrupt and Dishonest businesses and I know you know that, We/I am talking about a particular issue that is not Corrupt or Dishonest and this is the basis of YOUR Topic. YOU asked for instances of Honesty and that is  what you Got from me The tips  came in from your angle no one else's.

JPpost-2148-0-78084200-1441283759.png

chris49
Posted
Posted

Well I don't know how it got started but I'm onto your new topic now.

Apologies for a confusing discussion which did drift from the original topic.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
For his honest deed, Reynaldo Ingking, a 45-year-old resident of Barangay Dampas in Tagbilaran City, was offered a job by a government agency yesterday so that he would be entitled to retirement benefits and other benefits enjoyed by government employees.
:thumbsup:   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  

A wice man, not wanting to work close to corruption  :mocking:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have seen people drop money in the market a few times (p50 or p100).  Someone always grabs it and chases the person down to return it.  Even in the US you might not see that. 

We give the girl at the phone store p500 for my monthly phone load (I use a reloader sim). After we give her the money we just leave.  The market has such a bad signal it can take a couple hours before I get my load... but I have always gotten it. 

I do not live in a touristy area so I don't see the kano pricing anywhere.  I get the same price at the market as my wife.  As for tips... on a p50 haircut if the haircut is good, and I get a decent shoulder massage I will tip p50. Mediocre haircut with no massage, or bad massage I tip p20.  Full body massage here is only p250 an hour and I have not seen a parlor with showers yet.  So on a p250 massage p50-p100 depending on a lot of factors.

Overall I have seen a lot of just basic honest people here.  In the touristy areas I have seen some not so honest... but that is normal in most countries anyway. :tiphat:

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
honesty from an Americano could be hurtful. Americans have learned to be cautious when giving advice or opinions, with the exception of

Words I know of what you speak...........Do these pants make my butt look fat?

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
Do these pants make my butt look fat?
Reminds me of an old commercial when a man was just sitting at the table reading his newspaper and his wife comes out and asks him, "Do these make me look fat?" The husband not paying her any mind just says, "You betcha". Priceless....
  • Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
"You betcha". P

Was the wake fun??

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

"You betcha". P

Was the wake fun??