Filipino Honesty. In Daily Life.

jasonswits
Posted
Posted

Stories like this restore your trust in us, Filipinos. :)

Jake
Posted
Posted

Stories like this restore your trust in us, Filipinos. :)

Hmmm......apparent your honesty is now in question?  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I found out from a friend that a taxi driver in Dumaguete has been very honest. This is what my friend wrote

REMEMBER this guy,he's a very HONEST person-He found a cash worth P170,000 lifted by a certain Salesman in his PDcab but this guy in the picture,returned the money with same amount.Thank You very much Lord Jesus for giving ds person a VERY GOOD HEART.To God Be The Glory,your HONESTY is very much appreciated & I hope that your good doing will set as an INSPIRATION to othres.

I have his number if any body wants it you can PM me

12049399_1210674565625764_70624101319094

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
BobP
Posted
Posted

I totally agree when I have my hair cut ( what little there is ) as I am old and grey

we always use the same barber and my brother in law gets a free haircut ( we pay for it )

and my wife has hers cut there also we give 20 peso tip for each of us 20 he gets 180 pesos.

still cant get used to the massage !!

Honesty in the Philippines ?

you wouldnt think so with all the poverty would you ?

my wife went to the local market a while back now and dropped her purse which had over 4000pesos and 2 of her credit cards inside. when she got home and realised we  cancelled the credit cards right away.

my wife and her sister went back to the market to see if anyone had found it and handed it in to someone there.

And yes you guessed it somebody found it and handed it to one of the market traders who then handed it

to the local market security guards ! not one peso had been taken !! 

you hear stories all the time like this here.

my wife and yes me as well has a habit of leaving the gate key in the lock and we get people ringing the door bell to tell us about it !!

Honesty in the philippines starts with the poor hardworking people 

and ends there any higher and corruption kicks in.

just recently we were told of a gov dept employee being overlooked for promotion for years when she complained and asked why she was told if you want promotion it will cost you 1.2 million pesos !!

Nice to hear some of these positive comments about honesty in Phil.  I am a newbie from USA and considering a move to Phil.  It saddens me to hear that dishonesty is so pervasive and that you have to be "on guard" most of the time.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Nice to hear some of these positive comments about honesty in Phil.  I am a newbie from USA and considering a move to Phil.  It saddens me to hear that dishonesty is so pervasive and that you have to be "on guard" most of the time.

It is really only a problem in the very touristy areas.  More tourists will tend to draw out the thieves and scammers.  Just like anywhere, use common sense and you should be ok.  You can have pickpockets and scamming taxi drivers in Cancun & Waikiki too.  :tiphat:

• Like 2