Kidnapping ?

Removed
Posted
Posted

Asawa ko and I are concerned about some recent reports we've read on Facebook, stating that some gangs are trying to kidnap the children of foreigners - not for ransom, but to sell into a child sex ring.  This has even happened in gated communities, with armed guards at the gate.  Has anyone else heard of this, and is it rare or an increasing threat? We have a 3 year old daughter, so we are naturally concerned.  We have thought about buying guns and dogs, but is this really necessary?  

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

first I have heard of this. If it were true I am sure that the embassies would be putting out all kinds of warnings, bulletins and advisories. Sounds like another Facebook rumor to me :cheersty:  

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

A rumour with no basis but then again nothing in this world surprises me any more.

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Some people like to publish stories on websites to scare people and get them to share links back to their website so they can make money from advertising.

This sounds like one of those types of stories.

Another example of this was something being shared on facebook about an asteroid or meteor which would hit the earth this fall and cause many disasters. My wife was concerned about this. My research showed that the website was one of those who publish stories predicting sensational disaster's because they sell or advertise survival products.

Many, many websites publish stories with sensational headlines trying to get you to click on the link so the website makes money from advertising. These types of headlines are called "Click Bait".

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

first I have heard of this. If it were true I am sure that the embassies would be putting out all kinds of warnings, bulletins and advisories. Sounds like another Facebook rumor to me :cheersty:  

Exactly, right Scott.

Filipinos are notorious for spreading rumours

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

A far as I can Remember and it is a few years, NO one on this Forum has come anywhere near this sort of thing, Nor it happening  in their area or we would have known about it.

Common Sense should still prevail but the Story, BS to me. Now if you got a few Million then you could and I say Could be some sort of Target but.................... NAH! we would know about Strange Happenings and things get told pretty quickly on PEF post-2148-0-95030000-1441932724.png :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

Morning All :morning1:

• Like 3

Removed
Posted
Posted

Okay folks - thanks for your replies.  I feel much better now!  I have to admit I had also heard the stories about a meteor to hit Earth on 23 SEP 2015 (our 9th Wedding Anniversary), but have come to the conclusion that some people just like scare other people for some reason.  I guess I've just become a little over-protective, now that I am a Dad!   :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Okay folks - thanks for your replies.  I feel much better now!  I have to admit I had also heard the stories about a meteor to hit Earth on 23 SEP 2015 (our 9th Wedding Anniversary), but have come to the conclusion that some people just like scare other people for some reason.  I guess I've just become a little over-protective, now that I am a Dad!   :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with taking precautions. This goes for adults as well. We have a 15 year old who we have equipped with a cell phone. Any time he is going to be late we want to know from him via his cell phone. The same goes for me and my wife. We keep in touch when we are apart for an length of time. She worries about me and I am also concerned for her when she is away especially at night.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Not only do they spread rumors on places like Facebook, but there was a time when I lived in a small barangay and the city officials had hired a van with loudspeaker to drive up and down the streets telling people to watch out for a black van driven by foreigners who kidnap children.

No such van existed and no children were missing.  Best guess was that a kid was late coming home from school and told parents about seeing this van kidnap some kid and so the late coming child had to run away and hide .. . and that is why he is late.  Of course its a crock, but it was a crock of sh** that started a witchhunt.

Rumors.  The latest one on Facebook says there are Aby Sayaf from Jolo on the way to Dumaguete to kidnap some foreigners.  I'm so very afraid that I think I will postpone my afternoon walk 5 minutes.

• Like 5

Thomas
Posted
Posted

In ASIA I have heared of ASIAN kids being raped, kidnapped or sold by parents  :bash:  but I haven't heared of any mixed/white kids.

If such people want WHITE kids, it's much easier for them to get them in poor EAST EUROPEAN countries...   :bash:

• Like 3