Kidnapping ?

chris49
Posted
Posted

We saw the one about children being killed in Bataan, specifically for the removal of body parts, and of course Gina believed it.

That's half the problem, some of our Filipina partners have been a bit sheltered and tend to believe thisstuff.

• Like 2

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

I agree! Some of the things my wife shares with me from face book or you tube is absolutely crazy to me. However, in her limited exposer to the world and all its craziness, she has a tendency to at least half way believe what she reads or hears. They make it pretty convincing so I don't hold it against her or even tease her. I just explain the logic of why it's not true and sometimes the logic of a situation can be a little bewildering to her. 

It just takes time to help someone emerge themselves in a world that is made up of at least 50% fiction the other 50% suspect.

Her naiveness is cute to a point, but when she is out in the world by herself it becomes down right scary! It's just one more thing to worry about when you marry some one younger from a foreign country. Emotionally, somedays she's my woman, somedays a teenager. You just got to ride the learning curve out and do your best to prepare her for the world. Throw children into the mix and you got yourself a real adventure or possibly a heart attack!!!  It's the life and times of a Filipina, as her world turns! Depending on what they are interested in they can surround themselves with stuff that isn't relative to life and living at all.

My wife loves art, photography and clothing, she rarely watches the news or a TV show other than something Filipino on You Tube. She's all about our son and his education and rides him like a horse to get him to comply with his writing, reading and Math, He's only four! I have learned to stay clear of their interactions and don't intervene unless I absolutely must.  I figure I won't be around someday, they need this time to come to terms and understand expectations. I worry about life in the Philippines as far as safety is concerned but I know if I kicked the bucket tomorrow, my wife would move to the Philippines anyway, so why not make it as comfortable as possible by getting her, her own place, an education and a business of some kind. My son will be better off in many ways there, if for no other reason than having many friends and a better family life.

My family is a bunch of Irish/ Native Americans with other stuff thrown in. We hardly see each other and we are very headstrong and independent. Too much pride for our own good really. I don't want my son to be like that completely. He can learn compassion and friendship much better in the Philippines than he can in this crazy American world right now.  

So I throw caution to the wind, I take my chances with this new adventure we are about to embark upon!  Good Lord willing I'll wake each day to some loud rooster irritating me to no end!!  I will go to sleep with karaoke riding the soft breezes ocean like a surfer. All will be well with my family and with my soul! 

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

My wife's social media activities are confined to Facebook.  Fortunately, her Facebook friends from the Philippines do not disseminate posts involving scare tactics.

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Agree with all the above; it's nonsense. 

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

There is no harm in being careful.

Even in the states, kids are kidnapped. Amber alerts go off in malls, and along freeways. Children are kidnapped for various reasons. Some for ransom but most by pedophiles or human traffickers. It happens in the states, so why not in the Philippines? It was never like this when I was growing up. Hell, children were allowed to walk to the local grocery store to buy milk, eggs, bread or whatever. There are no family owned neighborhood stores anymore. Just large supermarkets.  With the crime rate being what it is, parents are more careful now with their children.

I see young Filipino kids walking to the local sari sari store to buy ice candy, soda, or chips, even maybe a kilo of rice and their parents feeling completely safe about it.

Our  young boy is almost 15 now but my wife still worries about him if he is late coming home from school.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
I see young Filipino kids walking to the local sari sari store to buy ice candy, soda, or chips, even maybe a kilo of rice and their parents feeling completely safe about it. [/quote ]

This is one of the Beauties ( well was one) of living here, Safe. But I have noticed over time that as soon as Dusk turns to night, less kids are out and about [ maybe just the Teenagers are around]

Our  young boy is almost 15 now but my wife still worries about him if he is late coming home from school.

As it should be this is where home security begins. My 16 year old daughter gets Humpty if we ask too many questions about these things but it may sink in on day that all we are is worried sometimes.

JP :thumbsup:  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)
Children are kidnapped for various reasons. Some for ransom but most by pedophiles or human traffickers. It happens in the states, so why not in the Philippines?
  Sure. But I believe it's a biger risk for a white kid in a country where most kids are white, because it's less hard to avoid being noticed then.  (Except in the SW part of the Philippines where it's common with kidnapping grown ups too.)

The kid cases I know of in Phils, all victims are Filipino.

But I have noticed over time that as soon as Dusk turns to night, less kids are out and about

Many Filipinos are affraid of wakwaks  (=a special looking monster) and they are only active when it's dark  :lol:

Edited by Thomas

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Many Filipinos are affraid of wakwaks  (=a special looking monster) and they are only active when it's dark 

:hystery:  Ah and I thought that was the Wife in the Shadows :mocking:  But seriously, I do notice that they are frightened at times by their own Shadows.

JP :tiphat:

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

Many Filipinos are affraid of wakwaks  (=a special looking monster) and they are only active when it's dark 

:hystery:  Ah and I thought that was the Wife in the Shadows :mocking:  But seriously, I do notice that they are frightened at times by their own Shadows.

According to drawings   :)   wakwaks look some as evil birds with a twist of dragons.

I have forgot who, but a foreigner told he wasn't allowed by his Filipina wife to be in their OWN GARDEN when it's dark, "because wakwaks can kidnap you"   :mocking:

Edited by Thomas
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I have forgot who, but a foreigner told he wasn't allowed by his Filipina wife to be in their OWN GARDEN when it's dark, "because wakwaks can kidnap you"  

:hystery:  Well I can assure you that they won't keep me away from my Local sorry, sorry, & my 2 x post-2148-0-57731500-1442142610.jpg even IF I have to take the Wife :no: So off I go in 10 mins