A Quiet Place To Live

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Yep, that's what we're looking for....a peaceful home with good neighbors.  We've stayed in our present home for 2.5 years and the rent is a bargain and it's usually quiet at night.  But the neighbors are either getting worse, or (more likely) my tolerances are lessening.  We are thinking of  a condo in Cebu, as that would hopefully guarantee no roosters, videoke, dogs or muffler-less motors.  But then you have slamming doors and neighbors bumping on the walls.  If we rent in a subdivision, we have more space, but then the aforementioned issues would likely present themselves.

SO....my question is....what is the quietest way to live here?  We have a preference for the Cebu City area as we have done our time in the province and are looking for a few steps up and some more open-minded locals.  Besides, we need to be near schools, good medical care and some bars to down my sorrows after our new home turns out to be even more noisy than this one.   :1 (103):   Budget p30k or less.  Thanks in advance for any tips.  

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Subic Bay Freeport Zone, if you are willing to make a bigger move

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Up front, This is not your area of interest. But just an overall impression. My wifes friends built a house in Tagayatay and it is as quiet out there as a tomb so first suggestion is out in the sticks, but that's away from your medical and social.

Her other friends have homes in a subdivision called BF Homes. I would say it is solid upper middle class. We have visited several times and was very nice and quiet, with good security and access to all the amenities. I did a quick google and saw several houses in your price range. Have no idea of what they look like myself, just food for thought.

So if it was ME, I would be looking into Subdivisions in your area.

Good luck brother :cheersty:

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Larry from my Cebu experience it's doubtful you will find what you seek. If on the off chance it's found the second your foot is out the door it's gone...

If you find what you seek, be sure to post it, myself and most of the forum will move there.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

It is far Quieter on Negros, Even our Cities are far quieter than on Cebu or Luzon and apart from the latest scare a lot Safer.

But I am definitely Bias  :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

Morning All :morning1:  

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

It is far Quieter on Negros, Even our Cities are far quieter than on Cebu or Luzon and apart from the latest scare a lot Safer.

But I am definitely Bias  :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

Morning All :morning1:  

Good morning sir,

Do you have any information about Valencia, about 18 km west of you?  I've heard about its cooler temperature and quiet rural area but only a short drive to the coast where you're at.

Salamat po!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Good morning sir,   Do you have any information about Valencia, about 18 km west of you?  I've heard about its cooler temperature and quiet rural area but only a short drive to the coast where you're at.   Salamat po!

Hi matey, 

Too much to sit and write so have a look at this page and discover a whole bunch of things about Valencia  :thumbsup:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1GIWA_enPH638PH638&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=valencia+Negros+island

JP :)

• Like 2

DavidK
Posted
Posted

There are condos in Cebu City that fit the bill in terms of noise and access to bars, medics etc. (of course how close is close?) but I don't know about cost because that depends on how much space you want/need.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
a peaceful home with good neighbors. We've stayed in our present home for 2.5 years and the rent is a bargain and it's usually quiet at night. But the neighbors are either getting worse, or (more likely) my tolerances are lessening. We are thinking of a condo in Cebu
Isn't Cebu the most LOUD city?  :)

Even if you find a quiet place with good neighbours, you never know if it will be same next month...

A Swede-Filipina couple had a house in a calm place. Then the closest neighbour started having karaoke bar...  (The officials didn't bother.)

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
(The officials didn't bother.)

Customers?

• Like 1