A Quiet Place To Live

RBM
Posted
Posted

There are condos in Cebu City that fit the bill in terms of noise and access to bars, medics etc. (of course how close is close?) but I don't know about cost because that depends on how much space you want/need.

Wonder where these are. I lived almost 4 years in Cebu including staying in semi top end Condos, just could not find that peace and quiet. Ditto for my many friends there.

• Like 1

DavidK
Posted
Posted

There are condos in Cebu City that fit the bill in terms of noise and access to bars, medics etc. (of course how close is close?) but I don't know about cost because that depends on how much space you want/need.

Wonder where these are. I lived almost 4 years in Cebu including staying in semi top end Condos, just could not find that peace and quiet. Ditto for my many friends there.

OK, relative peace and quiet. :no: You can't expect a city area to be as free from noise as the back of beyond. Nobody has kept me awake here in Guadalupe anyway.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

(The officials didn't bother.)

Customers?

Yes. A Karaoke bar business without permit...

• Like 1

Larry45
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks guys.  Yes, Subic sounds ideal to me, but wife says it's too far away.  And yes, living in the city can be loud, but we are just hoping to find an area with lots of rules and regulations to keep all the inconsiderate people in line.  Anything goes in the province, so if your neighbor decides to raise fighting cocks, abuse their dogs, burn garbage all day and party all night....there's not much one can do about it.  And I don't know anyone who lives in a condo, so it's good to hear from the experience of that.  Like I said, we don't really have it too bad here, but it's getting worse and we would just like to upgrade our living standards and quality of life.  Plus it's nice to be able to blend in a little bit, which is impossible for me in the province.  Thanks again. :cheersty:   

edit: and for those of you in Dumaguete....don't worry, we won't be adding to your overload of expats!

Edited by Larry45
  • Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted (edited)

If there is a quiet place in the PI's I have not found it yet.  I found the province to be louder than the city - more "mini sound" systems.  In the city more people have jobs and will need some sleep.  It depends on what bothers you.  I can sleep through all city noises except the thump thump music.  Cars, sirens, dogs, no worries.  My wife can sleep through everything except dogs barking. 

BTW Putting a boom-boom bass track on top of an Air Supply, or Bread song does not make it a "techno dance track", nor does it make you a DJ.  :tiphat:

Edited by Tukaram (Tim)
  • Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

If there is a quiet place in the PI's I have not found it yet.  I found the province to be louder than the city - more "mini sound" systems.  In the city more people have jobs and will need some sleep.  It depends on what bothers you.  I can sleep through all city noises except the thump thump music.  Cars, sirens, dogs, no worries.  My wife can sleep through everything except dogs barking. 

BTW Putting a boom-boom bass track on top of an Air Supply, or Bread song does not make it a "techno dance track", nor does it make you a DJ.  :tiphat:

OK King Tuk, gotta ask you this question regarding noise from your neighbors.  You mentioned boom-boom.....do you hear any of the nocturnal sounds of the call of the wild?  You know, moans, grunts and exclamation points?  Or was that you making all that ruckus?

Just askin'......

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Where I rent has been relatively quiet, however, during the past couple of weeks neighbours on both sides have had extremely long and loud karaoke parties, we're talking 7am-1.30am. My response was to indulge them with Slipknot from my own not unimpressive rig.

A few days ago I purchased a plot which is outside the city, yet only a 10 minute motorcycle ride to the nearest mall, I shall have to buy a motorcycle now which I didn't intend!

We are the only plot purchased at this time but there are another 8 for sale. After we have built and moved in I think we will have the place to ourselves for at least a certain period, which will virtually guarantee tranquility for a while. After that who knows!

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
we are just hoping to find an area with lots of rules and regulations to keep all the inconsiderate people in line.

Any 'individually owned' condos, that you buy or rent, will be very unlikely to enforce lots of rules and regulations. I suggest that because the governing body will be made up of a group of individual condo owners can can scarcely agree on anything, let alone enforce it.  And if you just rent they will not care about you.  This is Philippines and that is how it is here.

If you had double the budget I would suggest renting a condo high atop the Quest Hotel, or similar.  They are owned by the company so they can enforce the rules.  In addition they are well built and in a good location.  But you will find they charge over 50K a month..

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

OK King Tuk, gotta ask you this question regarding noise from your neighbors.  You mentioned boom-boom.....do you hear any of the nocturnal sounds of the call of the wild?  You know, moans, grunts and exclamation points?  Or was that you making all that ruckus?

Just askin'......

Those sounds would not keep me awake  ... unless it was us making the noise...  :tiphat:

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

OK, relative peace and quiet. :no: You can't expect a city area to be as free from noise as the back of beyond. Nobody has kept me awake here in Guadalupe anyway.

I lived over 3 years in Guadalupe and dogs just about drove me crazy.