Large Shoes

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well we walked we Browsed we asked. UK,UK, Shops a Plenty, Street Traders  post-2148-0-35185000-1445475121_thumb.jp   post-2148-0-10261900-1445475147_thumb.jp So So many names I have never heard of and those not quite Kosher ones we all know. Sizes were anything in what I was looking For  mainly 44 to 48 sort of sizes.

Talking to one of the Lads he said I don't know what we will get each time, It just comes in a Box, I guess Bought Unseen.

Prices well it varied from 150 to 800+ the amazing thing was you just point at what they think may fit and then the first question was How much. Quality never seemed to bother the Buyer that much, Nothing I saw was particularly good, but then I can be Picky with footwear, Comfort is a must. "Gloria Honeyford" a UK TV Presenter has a saying, " when it comes to Beds and Shoes buy the Best of Each, as you are in either one or the Other"

All This of course does not answer the Question [Why do they wear Large Shoes] Well on my way home I called into my local Sorry, Sorry, for a night Cap beer, The Coke Delivery was Late but they were there working away, So as I sat I asked one of the Lads, Er excuse me but where did you buy those Trainers?

Why he asked? but they are so Big for you I said to him. AH! well Sir smaller sizes are too small and make my feet Hot and Sweaty and get sore. So I went to the Bank and bought outside on the Street. where they sell, Shops with Big Sizes are to expensive. When he took the Shoes off I could see what he meant. His Feet were as most here, Wide and his Toes Long as Photo post-2148-0-86413100-1445476561_thumb.jp

Remembering that they have Natural feet spread unlike us that have always worn Shoes

I doubt he could have Got his feet into anything Smaller. So having to wear something more Protective when Working this is his answer.

Now this made some sense to me. Bigger Shoes to get all his feet into, Noticing the Large Shoes they wear is one thing now look at the feet in Slippers.

Jack post-2148-0-97537300-1445476728.gif

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
Remembering that they have Natural feet spread unlike us that have always worn Shoes

Come on, you can say it . . .  Dave was . . . . .

:hystery:   :hystery:   :hystery:   :tiphat:

Add that to the fact that some filipino feet are overly wide and I suspect they need a longer shoe to accommodate the width.  Just MHO
Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Come on, you can say it . . .  Dave was . .

OK! :hystery:  "Dave was" Showing us Yesterday a Snazzy pair of Ski's Bought at a local UK, UK, and a Damned Good Price. YEP and he got all his Toes and things in. post-2148-0-69032600-1445482473.gif can't for the life of me Remember how Much But a lot less that 1k Peso. Shoe Shops Eat your Heart out There's good Purchases out there. If they only last 2 months he can probably Sell them on as Foreigner Branded :hystery:  

Jack :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Bigger Shoes to get all his feet into,

:hystery:  Touche, but you said it better than Me :thumbsup:

Dave Hounddriver, on 21 Oct 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:  Add that to the fact that some filipino feet are overly wide and I suspect they need a longer shoe to accommodate the width.  Just MHO

Jack :)

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

On a more serious note and bearing in Mind things we know have been happening. If you are really buying Good US or European Sports Shoes they are more Likely to be Donated things for Aid Programs.

Good Foot wear does just not Come in Job Lots IMHO

Jack :unsure:

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted
All This of course does not answer the Question [Why do they wear Large Shoes

Trendy or hip young Filipinos prefer name branded originals, which answers about half the question.

The oversize (as indicated earlier in the answers) might also be a hip hop Gansta thing, something I did not consider because I don't really know about it.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

All This of course does not answer the Question [Why do they wear Large Shoes

Trendy or hip young Filipinos prefer name branded originals, which answers about half the question.

The oversize (as indicated earlier in the answers) might also be a hip hop Gansta thing, something I did not consider because I don't really know about it.

Considering the Op's original Question was why Large shoes I see Brands and fashion Statements of Little help or use here, to me, I think the Answers is there, from those that gave some thought and the answer i got from a Guy that wears them and knowing about the size of their feet I do tend to think it is all in the Feet and Nothing else. I have done my Bit so if there is anything else you will have to do your own Research

• Like 1

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Curious how many months or years it takes for the average Expat to stop being distracted by Filipinas and start noticing poorly fitting shoes Flipinos wear?   :89:

Or is it more a function having enough time to simply relax slow down and observe things more closely?  :10001:

HAHA....I don't think we ever stop getting distracted by the pretty Filipinas.  Thanks for all the responses, guys!  Just some meaningless, trivial chitchat    :cheersty:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Just some meaningless, trivial chitchat   

Maybe Larry but sometimes these Trivial things can answer Questions.post-2148-0-79612000-1445502090.png look at Chris, "Can I save money by raising 2Pigs for Lechon for the baptism" and He and Gina create a Business.

Funny old World innit EH?

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

Not yet a business, just a learning experience so far.

Back onto shoes, who tied that into pretty Filipina's? :lol: Now I reckon with a pair of oversize Nikes, cap sideways, I could still do ok there :).  All in the shoes of course. :unsure:

Edited by chris49