Forget All Other Budget Questions - $300 A Month?!

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Having no rent to pay I am still hoping to give Emma around the 450 dollars per month to run the house, and I am hoping for change too.

There is a extra pot for the just incase but that's between you and me

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
being able to survive

Survive is the operative word. Everything depends on the individual when talking about surviving, living in comfort and. living in enjoyment

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Not sure if my last post worked but here goes again!!   This guy is giving me confidence in being able to survive on $1000 a month (would have been a lot more if the markets were better), dont worry I would still have the cash for emergencies.    I was saying earlier that the only NAGA I know is the saying.....Not A Golfers As.....!!!

We have been living on around $1,100 per month for the past 9 years but we don't entertain .... party ... drink or smoke .... but then if you do you can just shave your budget in other places ..... we rent a townhouse it was brand new when we moved in 3 years ago and our rent is still the same at p7000 per month .... we eat out once a week but not at fine dining places .... Kenny Rodgers .... Sbarro .... Bob's Cafe and pizza places .... we have a car (with all the expenses that go with it) but sometimes use a taxi ..... J travels by tricycle or jeepney when she goes out alone .... we have internet 2MBPS with local phone service ..... Sky Cable .... our groceries run about p3000 per week mostly local style cooking with plenty of meat bought at the local market down the street .... veggies are also bought at the market but at the central market downtown (better choices and cheaper prices) we generally spend between p1500 and p2000 each week at SM grocery and the rest of our food budget goes locally ..... I am on a 13a so no trips to the BI which is a big savings at only p310 per year .....

You can definitely live here on $1000 per month with a back up plan .... it may take you a while to learn all the tricks in living here cheaply especially housing we were paying p10,000 in Cebu City 3 years ago so you just have to keep searching till you find what you want or can afford ..... same with where to buy food stuff you just have to check around .... don't expect to eat the foods you are used to as they aren't available here ..... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Not sure if my last post worked but here goes again!!   This guy is giving me confidence in being able to survive on $1000 a month (would have been a lot more if the markets were better), dont worry I would still have the cash for emergencies.    I was saying earlier that the only NAGA I know is the saying.....Not A Golfers As.....!!!

We have been living on around $1,100 per month for the past 9 years but we don't entertain .... party ... drink or smoke .... but then if you do you can just shave your budget in other places ..... we rent a townhouse it was brand new when we moved in 3 years ago and our rent is still the same at p7000 per month .... we eat out once a week but not at fine dining places .... Kenny Rodgers .... Sbarro .... Bob's Cafe and pizza places .... we have a car (with all the expenses that go with it) but sometimes use a taxi ..... J travels by tricycle or jeepney when she goes out alone .... we have internet 2MBPS with local phone service ..... Sky Cable .... our groceries run about p3000 per week mostly local style cooking with plenty of meat bought at the local market down the street .... veggies are also bought at the market but at the central market downtown (better choices and cheaper prices) we generally spend between p1500 and p2000 each week at SM grocery and the rest of our food budget goes locally ..... I am on a 13a so no trips to the BI which is a big savings at only p310 per year .....

You can definitely live here on $1000 per month with a back up plan .... it may take you a while to learn all the tricks in living here cheaply especially housing we were paying p10,000 in Cebu City 3 years ago so you just have to keep searching till you find what you want or can afford ..... same with where to buy food stuff you just have to check around .... don't expect to eat the foods you are used to as they aren't available here ..... :thumbsup:

Your the man :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Ynot
Posted
Posted

This guy is giving me confidence in being able to survive on $1000 a month (

If you are talking US$ you will do fine on $1,000  a month.  If you are talking about Australian dollars, survive is a good word.

US dollars with some more dollars to put aside for emergencies.  Depending on how the markets go could double that or triple it, but based on low performance, 2% return, I will bank on $1000 US.

Ynot
Posted
Posted

Your the man :thumbsup:

I will have sufficient capital to buy land and build a small house without affecting my super, its money that i have in a second super fund to take overseas to set myself up. But I would not build until I know where I want to live so probably rent intitially.  Its good to see I could survive on $1000 or slightly more.  My girl is not a party person so it will be the quiet life for me although I dont mind a drop or two or three when i get the chance.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Rent first and just enjoy what's around you. It all takes time for it to come together